Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-24-2005, 06:51 PM

Default On the issue of Multi-Tabling...

Since I've been getting better with ABC poker recently on 25NL, I've been trying to keep as many as 10 tables going at once with PA Hud. I cannot notice a difference in my play. To me, I'm playing exactly as I would with 4 tables going. The thing is, I've been noticing a difference in my bankroll. My sessions have either lost me a little bit of money or I've broken even (sessions usually last me around 2-3 hours). It's very frustrating and I don't know if it's because of variance or the bad play I've been making sub-consciously with so many tables going on at once. If I've played over 40,000 hands and feel moderatly confortable with ABC play, how many tables should I be playing at once to maximize my BB/100 ? Thanks for the responses.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: On the issue of Multi-Tabling...

Are you using PokerAce for free? Mine updated and kicked me off and now doesn't work worth a damn and I'm stuck with GT+.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:06 PM

It's all the individual.

I can only play 4 or 5. Some can play 16. Switch back to like 6 and see if you notice an improvement
Old 11-24-2005, 08:09 PM

If you're losing money or breaking even on party25nl you're doing something wrong, try cutting down on tables
Old 11-24-2005, 08:30 PM

I like and have no desire to go over 4 tables....however this is 6 max....if I was playing full ring I think I would try a little over 6 tables. I assume your full ringing it?
Old 11-24-2005, 08:47 PM

I play optimally with 3, 6-max or full. But if the games are good I'll play 4, 5 if they're really juicy and reads don't matter much. You're "differences" that you're noticing may very well be short term variance. Don't worry about short run profits. The long run is a very long time.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like and have no desire to go over 4 tables....however this is 6 max....if I was playing full ring I think I would try a little over 6 tables. I assume your full ringing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 6max only, 4tables is no problem at all and I could easily do more if I had a higher resolution. But I like 4 tables because it gives me time to do other stuff at the same time, yet still is enough action to usually not become boring at all