Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-29-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: If you play online at all, PLEASE read this. Poker Trojan/Virus fo

I wonder if all the mockery in this thread is misguided attempts at humor or if that many of you really are ignorant of reality.

Not only is something like the original poster described plausible, it is inevitable. If you think such a program could not be wisespread enough or effective enough to be a problem then you are, sorry to say it again, ignorant. I have a great deal of experience with one of the more famous remote-exploit trojans of the internet age, known as BackOrifice, and I can tell you the security threat posed by computer trojans is very real.

So, go ahead and have your sophomoric fun, winking and poking each other and laughing about tinfoil hats and whatnot, but if you're half as smart as you think you are, you'll take this sort of threat seriously and work to protect yourself from it.

SpaceAce
Old 10-29-2005, 10:36 AM

Thank you Space Ace, thank you. People just shut up and listen, if you already know, cool, but some don't and they need to learn.

Cody
Old 10-31-2005, 05:44 PM

Thanks SpaceAce and Cody!

I was a little suprised that I got such responses. I am not trying to be an "Internet poker is rigged" type person or anything like that. I was just trying to pass along a bit of information that I do believe to be true and interesting as well as pass along a warning to those who may not have taken measures to protect themselves.

I took the time and made the effort to contact the original author and did my best to verify that he knew what he was talking about and wasn't just blowing smoke.

Anyway, thanks for throwing in your two cents worth.