Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Top 2 pair

This is a question from a tournament. However, I would like to see some strong player's responses and that is more likely here than the tournament forum:

MIddle of 50K guranteed prize pool tourney on Paradise Poker ($30 unlimited rebuys+add on). Blinds are 200-400 with 25 antes- so 1150 in pot. Mid position player limps..I limp from SB with 9-10 (I have about 9K in my stack), and BB checks putting 1750 in pot.
Flop comes 10-9-8 two diamonds. I check intending to raise (1st ?-is that a bad play?.) BB checks and the position player bets 400 putting 2150 in pot....I make it 2500 to go and the BB comes over the top of me for another 5500 (no notes on BB b/c new to table and never played with before)....basically forcing me to go all in. Being he is on the BB with such a coordinated flop, I put him on a variety of hands including a smaller 2 pair, pair and str8 draw, flush draw, trips and the most obvious giving a raise after a strong checkraise being he flopped the str8..
What's the play...Is it an obvious FOLD? or should I call becasue of the texture of the flop
Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Top 2 pair

someone help me out....was a call a dumb play here?
Old 08-17-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Top 2 pair

this isnt the tournament forum. you might try looking here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...mp;Board=tourn