Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 AM

Default What\'s your defending range and stealing range here?

3 handed 2/4 pokerstars, I have a 51/33 LAG on my right who's been open raising alot on the button, and almost everytime on the SB when he's HU against me. His atsb% is 59%.

On my left is a 20/10 tightie who's straightforward and passive and goes to showdown too much, I daresay he's loosening up a bit. His folded BB to steal is like 70% and 57% HU, although he should be loosening up due to the 3 handedness and the LAG attempting steals every orbit.

What's your defending range against the LAG and your stealing range against the tightie?

Edit: I've defended almost everytime he's raised from the SB so far over ~4 or 5 times, and he's took it down without a showdown everytime, usually me folding the flop. He's probably thinking it's profitable to raise any 2, hell I might against me in his shoes.

Another edit: Stars only takes 50 cents every $20 up to $1 when it's 2-3 handed.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: What\'s your defending range and stealing range here?

depends on how wide his range is. but if it's as wide as it sounds i am calling any two when he opens in the SB. also i am calling the flop very liberally, only folding my very worst hands. when he raises on the button i'm calling 60-80% of my bb hands. hell, i might call 100% since his attsb is so high.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 AM

Against the tight beside the standard I'd raise any Ace, King pocket pair of course, and propably a suited Queen or Jack with a good kicker.
Against the lagy one that will raise any 2, I'd treat every hand with a showdown calue (like K8) like an all in hand for 3BB. If you improve, put in a raise somewhere.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM

three handed, aint really ma thang.

Um, i'd 3bet any ace, PP, any 2 cards over T and connectors sooted down to 87. this is against the LAG.

against the tighty, who is getting looser, we have the issue of how often we get to steal with laggylag, but i daresay raising a bit tighter since we're going to SD - pairs over 55? AK-A6, two broadways, connectors sooted to 98?

I may not be thinking about this clearly, but i gotta stick my oar in to get berated and told better.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:38 PM

My strategy for the BB would be something like this: 3-bet: 33+ AX, Kx, Qxs, Q7o+, J9o+. I'd be looking to get to SD almost every time with PP, A-high and K-high. Most of the time with Q-high. I'd be calling basically all but the worst crap like 72,84,93 those kind of hands I'd muck. I'd call something like 75o though. If I make a pair, I'd get to SD. The key with this kind of player IMO is to SD you're cards. You can't be bet/folding him because you can't trust him to not raise crap.

In the SB: I'd mostly 3-bet here to get BB out. 3-bet: PP, Ax, K5s, K7o, Q8s, Q9o, J9s, JTo. I could see myself calling some suited connectors here like 87s.