Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 09:02 AM

Default [censored] thieves, what is my move now?

Go out to my car. Driver window smashed. iPod hookup for radio and iPod stolen. Nothing else [censored] with. Window 100% [censored]. Wtf do I do now?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: [censored] thieves, what is my move now?

get a new window
Old 11-27-2005, 09:05 AM

cmon man...you should have put that [censored] in your compartment between the seats when you leave your car.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:05 AM

Step 1. Call the Police and report a burglary - I think that can be 911 - I think that's just standard dispatch now.

Step 2. - find documentation - check with your car insurance company. I'm betting they'll cover the window but maybe not the Ipod or adapters...

Step 3 - Stop leaving your nicest [censored] in your car. I woulda seen that coming a mile away. If I had an Ipod out anywhere even in this nice neighborhood, I'd expect a busted window within a month and in less then a night downtown.

RB
Old 11-27-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 1. Call the Police and report a burglary - I think that can be 911 - I think that's just standard dispatch now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this step even worthwhile?

[ QUOTE ]
Step 2. - find documentation - check with your car insurance company. I'm betting they'll cover the window but maybe not the Ipod or adapters...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty screwed here if I bought just the minimum like cover the other guys car in a crash insurance right?

[ QUOTE ]
Step 3 - Stop leaving your nicest [censored] in your car. I woulda seen that coming a mile away. If I had an Ipod out anywhere even in this nice neighborhood, I'd expect a busted window within a month and in less then a night downtown.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't my nicest [censored], just [censored] annoying. Replacing the window is going to cost me like twice what the iPod is worth. It's like blowing up a building to get the pen that is chained to the desk. Major inconvenience.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty screwed here if I bought just the minimum like cover the other guys car in a crash insurance right?

[/ QUOTE ]

call and find out. i agree calling the cops might be a waste of time. but i have no experience with this.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this step even worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be necessary for the insurance company to do it's thing.

RB
Old 11-27-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get a new window

[/ QUOTE ]
and a new ipod
Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Replacing the window is going to cost me like twice what the iPod is worth.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont know how mechanically inclined you are, but a trip to the local salvage yard could save you some dough. get the used window and install yourself.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They will most likely cover the window (happened to me windshield and two side windows...bill was $700 only paid $100 deductable). As for the ipod, you are f'd...the deductable for stolen [censored] is almost certainly going to be more than the ipod and adapter (if those are even covered)...you can look into homeowner's insurance (if this applies to you) but that deductible is usually pretty high as well.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. takes 5 secs to put it in the compartment or under the seat.