Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Question

Imagine there are two paths.

One leads to admitting. You confess. Whatever it is that you confess, good or bad, or both, you know that the outcome will be hurtful to both parties; to the one who confesses and to the one who hears. You are basically asking for help, whatever help you can receive, and you are nearly 100% sure the help that you need won't be met from the hearing party. However, you feel that it is part of your responsibilty to let the party know what you have to say.

The other path, you run. You get as far away from the people you harm because you are not useful. Not yet anyway. However, you feel that it is a test of faith. A test of survival. A test to see if you can live, without assistance. Call it primitive. Call it survival of the fittest. Call it destiny. Whatever you name it, this path leads you to an outcome no worse or better than the first one, because you actually don't know how either of these two paths will end. What you do know is that you feel this path is more dangerous, yet could be more rewarding.

Which do you choose? Why?

Feel free to ask questions or comment.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Question

I don't understand, if you are wanting help from this person and you know they won't help you, then why do you feel responsible to tell them? Is what you are going to tell them the first time you have told them something like this?

craig
Old 11-26-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand, if you are wanting help from this person and you know they won't help you, then why do you feel responsible to tell them? Is what you are going to tell them the first time you have told them something like this?

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda figured my question was too vague.

Here's the thing. You are pretty sure they can't help you the way that you want them to help you. You feel that you need to tell them because they have the right to know. They have the right to know because they are expecting something in return for something they helped you with before. Kinda like how if I help you fix your car, I kinda expect you to take me for a ride.

What you may or may not tell them, they have not heard before. You know for a fact it will be ugly when and if it happens. Kinda like if you cheated on an exam in school, got an A, and later told the teacher that you cheated and didn't deserve the A. Add the fact that the teacher is someone close to you.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

A) You only live once. Go ahead, take a risk.

B) More than anyone else, you have to live with yourself. Are the obligations that you perceive honest? Be honest with yourself; be true to yourself.

Choose the option that lets you find peace with yourself. [censored] outcome. Don't be results-oriented. Give up whatever values you think you have, cuz being able to live with yourself is worth far more than any material good, place to live, lifestyle.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

A) You only live once. Go ahead, take a risk.

B) More than anyone else, you have to live with yourself. Are the obligations that you perceive honest? Be honest with yourself; be true to yourself.

Choose the option that lets you find peace with yourself. [censored] outcome. Don't be results-oriented. Give up whatever values you think you have, cuz being able to live with yourself is worth far more than any material good, place to live, lifestyle.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice response.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 AM

If they have a right to know you should stop being a little bitch and tell them what it is.

It sounds like you did something that screws them over or betrays their trust, and you don't want to tell them unless you think they'll cover your ass for the consequences again. How about owning up and dealing with the consequences of your actions?

Be a man, if you run away you will be taking a major step toward a lifelong commitment toward pussydom and weaseldom.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

One leads to admitting. You confess. Whatever it is that you confess, good or bad, or both, you know that the outcome will be hurtful to both parties; to the one who confesses and to the one who hears. You are basically asking for help, whatever help you can receive, and you are nearly 100% sure the help that you need won't be met from the hearing party. However, you feel that it is part of your responsibilty to let the party know what you have to say.

The other path, you run. You get as far away from the people you harm because you are not useful. Not yet anyway. However, you feel that it is a test of faith. A test of survival. A test to see if you can live, without assistance. Call it primitive. Call it survival of the fittest. Call it destiny. Whatever you name it, this path leads you to an outcome no worse or better than the first one, because you actually don't know how either of these two paths will end. What you do know is that you feel this path is more dangerous, yet could be more rewarding.

Which do you choose? Why?

Feel free to ask questions or comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

\
come on. posts like these trickle up and down the first page for days as you reveal the tiny pieces of significant information a little at a time. just spill it....

all that stuff about "being able to live with yourself is more important" is right on the money. I think I stole this quote off here a month or so ago.... From Bull Durham: "the world is made for people who are not cursed with self-awareness".

You do what you gotta do...look out for numero uno (until you get a wife and kiddies)
Old 11-26-2005, 11:57 AM

gravitas lol
Old 11-26-2005, 12:04 PM

Nice thread title.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:10 PM

I choose option 3: A gym full of 5-year olds.