Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 03:00 AM

Default Re: how many bets until you just call?

You went 9 bets on the river with 4th nuts? Did I read that right?
Old 11-23-2005, 04:30 AM

Happydaz,

Below are two quotes some might find ironic. Interestingly enough they are all your words. Now what makes them ironic is that they are the only words you have uttered in this thread. So you, a dope, I'm sure, accuses me of hijacking a thread with insults when the only thing you post within the thread is an insult. Get a life you dummy.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there an official 2+2 baseball bat to bash trolls like Vincent?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
, this thread hijacking and insulting is unacceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince
Old 11-23-2005, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would just call the third bet.
if i had raised, id prob fold for #5.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use the reasoning that any hand that 3bet pf that beats me here is still losing money in the longrun by doing so, even if they get this many out of me when this happens.

Also, any hand that beats me now would have made a mistake preflop, any hand that I beat is making a mistake now, therefore I am 100% certain our opponent has made a big mistake at some point in this hand. It could very well be now and there's no way I'm folding to someone who 3-bets pf AND goes 5+ bets on the river on this board.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if i had raised, id prob fold for #5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really? Thinking about it after the fact, this actually seems like the best move, since against most opponents folding to the 5th bet is a no-brainer. However, if I were actually involved in this hand I don't know if I could ever find a fold here..
Old 11-23-2005, 12:32 PM

Default OOPS

okay, I made a boo-boo. I wrote this post after a late night of poker and booze and I may have been sloppy in the hand history...there's NO WAY I go that many bets on the river with the fourth nuts. It's possible I missed the 7-4, but I don't even think I did that.

So I guess I just threw out some cards that made the villain his 2c4c straight flush without checking to see if there were other straight flushes out there....so, my memory is probably a little faulty on the EXACT cards on board.

I heartily apologize.

He DID make his straight flush. Ansd as far as I recollect, the 2c4c was the ONLY possible straight flush out there. So I had the 2nd nuts.

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

But I'm still a moron for going that many bets on the river, either way.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Chloroform <sp>

[ QUOTE ]
I havent read the entire thread, but, If it hasn't already been mentioned I thought this guy had 7c 8c on the river. That was the only hand I could possibly see him trying to make a move with PF and then being able to bet the river like that. Wow, that was a huge pot. After it got to be 5 bets, i'd just call, because only idiots put in that many bets with hands that you beat. I dont fault you here, except for the last couple of bets though. Give the fish his chips and wait for him to spew them your way over the next couple of hours.....OH but WAIT! Let me guess....he got up and left the table after one more orbit and you were steaming like a locomotive.

Here's my plan....get some chloroform and follow him to his posh room at the Wynn...when he gets in the elevator I want you to knock him out with the chloroform, and make sure you have a tattoo gun handy. Take the tattoo gun and tattoo the deuce four of clubs on his fishy forehead. Then dress him up as a woman and when he's regaining consciousness, drop him off at a gay bar with a bottle of KY in one hand and a bottle of water loaded with roofies in the other.

Teach that yap to suck out on you.....

Man I need some help with this tilt thing....

I'm on tilt just from the story you told....

Where is this [censored]? Lets get him.

OOPS! That was me with the 2c 4c trying to make a move on your Aces.....NEVERMIND WHAT I SAID BEFORE.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

now this kinda response is almost worth losing that hand. Almost.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: OOPS

[ QUOTE ]

He DID make his straight flush. Ansd as far as I recollect, the 2c4c was the ONLY possible straight flush out there. So I had the 2nd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is impossible, since you have the Ac the only straight flush 2c4c makes is with a board of 3 5 6, making 4c7c the better straight flush. you had the 3rd nuts.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Chloroform <sp>

A'la goofy-late nite- Tex'ness.

GL in vegas.

STAY AWAY FROM THE [censored] TABLE GAMES AND THE [censored] ROULETTLE WHEEL!
Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

4 and I call the 5th.

Not 4 betting preflop was not a good move.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: OOPS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is impossible, since you have the Ac the only straight flush 2c4c makes is with a board of 3 5 6, making 4c7c the better straight flush. you had the 3rd nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

well there you go....so I'm a an even bigger moron than I thought! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]