Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:18 PM

Default 99 on kk6 flop heads up

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

villain is very agressive.
if it was against someone more solid, I'd fold turn.
what do you do against unknown ?
if you call the turn, do you just call river ?
can you find a river fold after my raise ?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: 99 on kk6 flop heads up

I sometimes just call the check/raise on flop. Sometimes cap depending on how nutting he is.

I wouldn't raise the river. I want to see his hand.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:15 PM

unless villian is an outright maniac, you gave too much action.

call flop c'r and either raise the turn or call down. maybe raise the river if not the turn

but going 4 bets on flop and river is a bit much. you may have won this hand but unless sb is on total air he has a king with a weak kicker that didn't raise preflop.

Barron
Old 11-23-2005, 03:26 PM

You say opponent is very agg, yet you seem to be just as agg in this hand. I think that you could get to show down a lot cheaper than you did. I dont think a fold is correct here on the flop by any means, but putting in four bets is way too agg for this flop. I would have called down the turn and river here.

I think that a river raise would be spewing given the flop action, personally...but I'm not sure if Barron was advising a river raise here based on the flop action, or if he was just using it as an option if you played the hand entirely different. I've found that river raises usually dont pan out too well in these spots.

tex
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM

I wish that people, instead of giving descriptions of the villain, would simply name the villain. That would give so much more insight into whether your play was reasonable or not. I've played with people in the 30 game against whom your play isn't totally out of line (example one hand: we capped the turn and went 2 bets on the river with a 66QJx and he held J4), but a general description of 'villain is very aggressive' simply doesn't provide enough info.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unless villian is an outright maniac, you gave too much action.

call flop c'r and either raise the turn or call down. maybe raise the river if not the turn

but going 4 bets on flop and river is a bit much. you may have won this hand but unless sb is on total air he has a king with a weak kicker that didn't raise preflop.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
How are you playing a non-made hand?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:18 PM

thanks for the answers, villain had jk
Old 11-24-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain had jk

[/ QUOTE ]so much 4 for "very aggressive"