Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 08:10 PM

Default How do you get into a big live event

I really want to get onto party痴 cruise or a major event out of the country. I see a lot of 2+2ers consistently winning their way into the events, and I知 trying to figure out the best way to do it. My Br is limited (6 Tabling 22's) but I知 willing to take a sustained shot at winning a trip. Is MTT the best way to go, or SNG qualifers/sub-Qualifers? Any experiences or advise would be cool.

Ajea
Old 12-22-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Re: How do you get into a big live event

[ QUOTE ]
I really want to get onto party痴 cruise or a major event out of the country. I see a lot of 2+2ers consistently winning their way into the events, and I知 trying to figure out the best way to do it. My Br is limited (6 Tabling 22's) but I知 willing to take a sustained shot at winning a trip. Is MTT the best way to go, or SNG qualifers/sub-Qualifers? Any experiences or advise would be cool.

Ajea

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bother? Play whatever is most +$EV for you for a year, then pay your own way.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ajea

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bother? Play whatever is most +$EV for you for a year, then pay your own way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have an urge to play in big MTT's, and this is easily the best way to do so... but it's something about the mind, or at least my mind, where if I put up $500 it'd be a waste- but if I 'won' a seat it would be A-OK... even if it cost $500.

Just rambling [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Wait until Stars unveils their VIP program. Then play however many thousand SNGs it will take to get enough FPPs to buy tournament entries.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 PM

bump---any other ideas or should i just drop this one
Old 12-22-2005, 09:57 PM

If you have 2 monitors I would dedicate a spot for FPP MTTs and SNGs. Don't pay to much attention unless you're on a rush. Best way to get into a big event for no money haha nice.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 PM

The PS Double Shootout is by far the best satelite system for getting into the big one. If you take first 1 out 7 it will take you on avg 49 tries to win. Well you get your monwy back about 7 of those times on avg so your looking at a cost of $6720 for a payout of $11000 mucho +EV for a satelite if you ask me.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 PM

well, i would probably play the single table quals to the mtt quals. that way your time commitment is bigger than your cost. You still have to get lucky in the mtt, and you need at least some mtt skill to have a fair chance at getting lucky.

But, if you went through all that to get to a big event and be clueless, what was the point?

So, I would play some sng quals to the mtt quals. I would study and learn, and I would practice in things like the $22 40k on party. Look at it going in as a qual. If you get lucky and win it, use the 10k to play in the event.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait until Stars unveils their VIP program. Then play however many thousand SNGs it will take to get enough FPPs to buy tournament entries.

[/ QUOTE ]

where can i find more info?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

where can i find more info?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the future.