Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: River bluff against BBuddy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you value bet AK like this here, I think it'd be a good value bet with AK, but I don't see a lot of people doing it. I'm not even sure why you bet this flop into that many opponents. I'd either just open push the flop or c/r the flop allin.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you are serious here, but open pushing the flop for 3k in a 440 pot is pretty retarded. Just so you know.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't notice the stack sizes, but I don't think it's a bad play (with 100 bb at least). Your 50/50 vs AQ so whatever, AAA isn't too likely, so only hands to worry about is QQQ and 999.....assuming he has the set WITH one of your hearts, you're still 41% to win the pot. I really doubt AK looks you up to an open push. Anyone that says this play is retarded please come sit at my table and good luck making marginal calls vs me when I open push the goods assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

been there, done that.

maybe it works against other people though.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you value bet AK like this here, I think it'd be a good value bet with AK, but I don't see a lot of people doing it. I'm not even sure why you bet this flop into that many opponents. I'd either just open push the flop or c/r the flop allin.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you are serious here, but open pushing the flop for 3k in a 440 pot is pretty retarded. Just so you know.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't notice the stack sizes, but I don't think it's a bad play (with 100 bb at least). Your 50/50 vs AQ so whatever, AAA isn't too likely, so only hands to worry about is QQQ and 999.....assuming he has the set WITH one of your hearts, you're still 41% to win the pot. I really doubt AK looks you up to an open push. Anyone that says this play is retarded please come sit at my table and good luck making marginal calls vs me when I open push the goods assholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just pointless. You can bet the pot/follow the turn and win the pot against marginal aces and things just as easily. You don't need to go all in to make people fold, and you don't hate it if the action goes bet, someone raise, you push. I've seen your open push routine and am thoroughly unimpressed by it. You need to take pot size into account, and evaluate the risk/reward scenarios of pushing 3k into 400 or making regular sized bets and playing poker afterwards.
-James
Old 12-19-2005, 07:19 PM

fsu, Zeebo:

Sounds like you guys need a HU grudge match.

edited to add: james, too!
Old 12-19-2005, 08:15 PM

Yes he is very serious I have first hand experience.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:19 PM

I like to give up this river. Unless you are a very tough player and buddy knows it, you are likely not value betting just an ace here, and you are also likely not holding just a queen. I think if I'm bbuddy with an ace, I'm thinking that if I call you will either show me AQ or a missed draw, because its just not that likely that you'd lead the flop into that many people with a queen, and its also unlikely you'd be value betting an ace. A better line is to pot the turn, that will put him in a very tricky spot, assuming he didnt flop huge.

-Jason
Old 12-19-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are a very tough player and buddy knows it

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably sees my as nutpeddler if that help [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are a very tough player and buddy knows it

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably sees my as nutpeddler if that help [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is more likely to see you as unknown than a nutpeddler if you haven't gotten into any big confrontations with him. He plays so many tables that I suspect this is the case.
-James
Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM

Strassa is on the right track when he says the fold equity is on the turn. His line would be a lot better, however, if the stacks were deeper. Here, there is no threat of a pot-sized river bet.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:30 AM

oops
Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 AM

Default zeebo

i much prefer c/r allin in this spot w/ either AAA or JhTh