Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the flesh squeeze?
The flesh squeeze is the dumbest thing for any woman with over 20% Body fat 199 66.11%
Yes, it's odd, but it makes her happy so who cares. 49 16.28%
What are you talking about? 11 3.65%
I don't mind that pop n fresh dough because it doesn't make her look fat to me. 23 7.64%
Yes I love it. Squeeze that fat!! ohh yaaa 19 6.31%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Splitting Rent With GF

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if we break up, I'll stay in the apartment and she'll move out, with no rush, once she finds a place or someone to live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck, with alllll that

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's a terrible idea?

Splitting is fine, but if money is that tight for her and it's not really an issue for you it's going to cause problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should clarify that, if we break up, she would most likely move in with her sister or with her mom.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:31 PM

Old 11-26-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add your incomes together (or your average p*ker income, as the case may be) and then figure out what percentage each of you contributes to that total. So if she makes $1000 a month, and you make $3000 a month from p*ker, it means that you bring in 75% of the income. Since you bring in 75% of the income, you should pay 75% of the rent.

Also, you need to factor in utilities, food, entertainment, etc... into your budget. The rent is only one aspect of your expenses. If you make consirably more than she does, you might consider also picking up the non-rent related expenses as well. $1000/month doesn't go very far.

[/ QUOTE ]

communist
Old 11-26-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add your incomes together (or your average p*ker income, as the case may be) and then figure out what percentage each of you contributes to that total. So if she makes $1000 a month, and you make $3000 a month from p*ker, it means that you bring in 75% of the income. Since you bring in 75% of the income, you should pay 75% of the rent.

Also, you need to factor in utilities, food, entertainment, etc... into your budget. The rent is only one aspect of your expenses. If you make consirably more than she does, you might consider also picking up the non-rent related expenses as well. $1000/month doesn't go very far.

[/ QUOTE ]

We ran some numbers and our estimated monthly nut would be around $1000-$1200. If we split it exactly 50/50, she still has ~$400/mo she can put away, or spend as she pleases (I'm teaching her basic personal finance). I thought about your system, and decided that it doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me and my g/f are in almost an identical situation. We split it all 50/50, but I pay for all the recreation. It works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this might be the most likely outcome.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you bring in 75% of the income, you should pay 75% of the rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea...probably b/c my girlfriend makes more than me...suga-mama-style. I pay for most of the date-dates, but she buys me awesome toys.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We decided that in the worst case scenario, if we break up, I'll stay in the apartment and she'll move out, with no rush, once she finds a place or someone to live with.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Anyway, 50/50. None of this "but you make more" crap.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:47 PM

My girlfriend and I are in the same situation, only if we brake up, she gets to stay. It's 50/50 without a doubt.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM

I think it depends on where you decide to stay. If you decide to stay in a place that costs $1800 / month, thats obviously out of her budget and you are going to have to pay a little more for the luxury. If you stay in a place that fits her budget, something like 1,000 / mo, then she should definately pay half. What I am saying is if you decide to step it up to something she can't really afford you will be paying, all other things aside who really cares if she makes less, its not like shes living there any less.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM

If it was to a complete stranger, I'd most likely ask for half the rent. If it was a good friend, I might cut some slack. Especially if I was renting my own property (instead of actual rent).

You could also think of it this way --- what % of the time are you using the apartment? If you play online p*ker, and are making 3x as much as her, chances are you're in the apt more often, so you're gaining more utility from it if you will.

It really does not make a difference though, what matters is what makes both of you happy.