Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM

Default n00b question about Pokertracker and Party MGR

So I get the feeling that PT calculates rake differently from PartyPoker's MGR calculations.

My affiliate tells me I've generated $x in rake this month... but Pokertracker only has $y, where y << x.

(I play cash games.)

I went and did a little poking around, and it looks like Pokertracker does the following: add up all of the pots that I won and sum up the amount of rake that was taken out.

It looks like Party MGR does the following: for each hand in which a rake was taken, divide the amount of the rake by the number of players who were dealt hole cards. Add this amount of the MGR for each player.

Am I correct? Anyone have any more knowledge about this? Is there a way to set up PT to display the MGR instead? Is the MGR calculator in PokerGrapher accurate?

Thanks for all answers, complete or partial.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: n00b question about Pokertracker and Party MGR

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any more knowledge about this?

[/ QUOTE ]
From PartyPoker terms:
2.8 "Gross Revenue" is calculated as the sum total of all Players' contribution to all "rakes" the Players contributed to while playing on our poker tables on the Website, less any credits, bonus or promotional amounts given to Players, processing charges, charge backs, and any other un-collectable revenue or deductions we are entitled to make in respect of that Player according to our Standard Terms and Conditions of Use. Moreover, a Player's contribution to the "rakes" shall be determined as the number obtained when dividing the actual amount of each rake to which the Player had contributed divided by the total number of players at the table at the start of the hand. So (for illustration purposes only and without limitation) if the rake in a hand with ten players at the table is three dollars ($3.00), each player's contribution to the rake will be thirty cents ($0.30).
Old 12-11-2005, 06:39 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

hi

i dont think you are using pokertracker to calculate the rake the way party does. follow the advice of poster CLC in the following thread:

PT"]http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...;postmarker=]PT Rake[/url]
Old 12-11-2005, 07:55 PM

thanks!