Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-20-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 4: Too much fun with Aces

The re-raise (raising the completion) on 3rd was intentional and the cap on was a misclick.

When 4th came down real bad for me (both villains picked up straight flush cards), I thought about bailing out. When I didn't improve on 5th and they both improved again, I figured it best to cut my losses and get out because it's getting too ugly. Should I have gotten out on 4th, or was calling two correct?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (17.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (12.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises $0.50 to $1 and is all-in
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Old 12-20-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 4: Too much fun with Aces

The raise on third is fine, but capping it was overdoing it. Sounds like you know that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] On fourth, I wish the that the pot were smaller so that I could fold. Obviously, it didn't get capped, but if you somehow knew that it would, then you should probably fold there. The pot's pretty substantial on fifth, but it's going to cost you four big bets to see this one through, and I just don't think that it's worth it with one pair.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Stud8 - Day 6, Hand 4: Too much fun with Aces

Andy summed it up