Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 10-27-2004, 01:41 PM

Default folding flopped non nut full house in an unraised pot?

ok so im small blind in ladbrokes 10/20$ game 10 seater, had just sat down. i got 2,4k and main opp has about the same. I have played with this player before shes a decent TAG but thats about all i know about her.
A couple of people limp and i put in the extra 10$ with 246T ds it isnt much i know but it was cheap. So the flop comes down 224 ( two spades) and i bet out the pot which is 100$ and i get raised to 400$. What do i put her on? 2AAx ? 24xx with two spades, 24 with a pair in her hand, or the nuts?
Whats your move here? I made what could be the worst possible move i min raised to 300 more then folded when she instantly pushed allin..That really bugs me..i amlost never min raise or bet anything less than the pot since i think thats often a weak move. Here i got some weird idea in my head that it would be great move...
Anyway I got real scared when she played this so fast, not really quite her style. Am i too scared here fearing the nuts? Does she make this play often enough with say 2AA4 to make it +EV committing all my money on the flop? Is her way of playing this hand so fast perhaps a sign of weakness i.e a pair in her hand reducsing her redraw outs, or a sign that shes got the nuts?
Old 10-27-2004, 04:13 PM

Default Re: folding flopped non nut full house in an unraised pot?

Tough, I'd like to hear what other say about this, but I'll just chime in. You're looking at winning half of the pot. Is it likely she has 44 in her hand? Probably not, however she might have something like A234 or A245 so not only are you at best getting half the pot she might even 3/4 you. Maybe my thinking is too weak, though.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:05 PM

i guess u thought it was PLO hilo..
Old 10-27-2004, 07:18 PM

fairly easy fold when a reasonable player gives you action.
Even a loon w/ just a single 2 would have you sweating the kickers.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:20 PM

Yeah. I might be too passive, but I fold that to her raise right off. I have no experience at those limits, however
Old 10-28-2004, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess u thought it was PLO hilo..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I did. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] I guess I'll revise my statement, fold pre flop.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:18 PM

You have a really tough stack-size to play this hand out of position. I would just check the flop for exactly the reason that getting raised makes things difficult. This is a good spot to check and raise if a small stack bets, and stop and go if a big stack bets. If you get raised on the turn, you can dump -- the turn will be a scare card to anything but 44 or a 2 + the turn card.

In your spot, however, after betting and getting raised, it's not easy. There are a ton of players who I would reraise the pot, and there are a ton of players I would fold right there. Stop and go can often be a good play here as well.