Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 12-10-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Thanks gentlemen, however ...

The book specificly says don't limp with small pairs if you do not expect a multiway pot.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Ed,

I know you were replying to Zim here, but thanks for the insight.

My SH play is really terrible and now I know why. The good thing is my dablle short-handed has helped me identify some weak spots in my game.

The game is still about the people...
Old 12-10-2005, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PS. For some reason, a lot of people seem to like this particular dummkopf play in the $3-$6 game:

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. i play on a different site but i've noticed a cousin of this play by some of the bettors.

open raise with some jank, i call in bb. i check raise the flop, they 3-bet. i have seen this 3-bet done with all sorts of trash that hasn't hit the board.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 PM

You never let us down Ed. Best post I have read in months, nobody has yet explained the basics of the thought process in 6-max your post in a manner that is so... simple. Please add it to your website for posterity.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Thanks Ed

I stand well corrected.

Noted poker authorities will be found anywhere a good game is to be had.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Your recommendations will be of immense help for my upcoming 6-max odyssey. And I'm certain they will be of even greater help to those already in the swings of the game.

I shall now return to my current game, full ring, with SSHE in one hand ... and my tenuous sanity in the other.

Best wishes,
Zim
Old 12-11-2005, 07:30 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Thanks gentlemen, however ... edit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

PS. For some reason, a lot of people seem to like this particular dummkopf play in the $3-$6 game:

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. i play on a different site but i've noticed a cousin of this play by some of the bettors.

open raise with some jank, i call in bb. i check raise the flop, they 3-bet. i have seen this 3-bet done with all sorts of trash that hasn't hit the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both are can be seen as examples of slingshot bets. I had a post in the old mid/high stake forum about those. Not sure where that post ended up now that they split the forum.

Edit:

Found it

b
Old 12-11-2005, 11:55 AM

ed miller,

thank you for the response! great stuff!

i love SSHE, but the poker world has a need for more of your books. i think you're working on this but NL, tournaments (including SH) and short-handed would be great. and it really has to be relative to the games we all play. i think there is sufficient information out there for tough games.

thanks again, very good stuff!

BTW, what is your website? i can google it probably but hopefully you could post it.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:18 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/

b
Old 12-11-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.notedpokerauthority.com/

b

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks bernie!!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Times have changed, thanks Rud and friends ...

zim, this is a very good thread.

made me think a little about the starting charts.. i do realize that good poker is a craft, but i would hazard that tons of people who think they've graduated from the charts would be shocked if they actually looked at one for a typical slightly loose game.

you are totally correct about the new environment where it seems like it is people multi-tabling with pokertracker looking for fish (basically like that sonar that recreational fish boats have).

you might want to try obscure poker sites (some fraud and bankruptcy risk) that don't allow pokertracker (or just too small for pokertracker to care about).

i understand there are lots of fish at sports betting site and/or those that don't work with pokertracker.

at the risk of offending an entire continent, i find europeans are more fun to play against. wonder if the twoplustwo books, and great books from other publishers, have been translated into all of the major european languages (i doubt it, but not sure).