Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 09-04-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Turningstone fun

got some of my college friends out for some poker tonight. One of them a great player who's a B&M virgin. We did the 1-3 tables which are really 3$ tables basically. I saw maybe one or two 2/3$ bets the entire time. We both ended up making like 80$ or so. The table had such a diverse range of players. I had Mr."Criticize everyone who beats me" to my right and "90 year old call everything with my husbands retirement money to my left. We handled the bad beats well and recouped through some hard nosed play. Nice table, fun dealers, much more professional than Foxwoods IMO. Not bad at all for a saturday, and if you tighten up you will profit I think even with so much calling. Too bad there's no alcohol =(.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Turningstone fun

I really hate that no alcohol rule, both for personal consumption and because it takes away from random drunk LAG's.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice table, fun dealers, much more professional than Foxwoods IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Major reason for that...Turning Stone dealers are keeping their own tips, while Foxwoods aren't... Just seems like a reason that I would want to be more professional, and fun for that matter... Until the 'Woods changes their policies regarding poker dealers, they'll always be sub-par...
Old 09-04-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
got some of my college friends out for some poker tonight. One of them a great player who's a B&M virgin. We did the 1-3 tables which are really 3$ tables basically. I saw maybe one or two 2/3$ bets the entire time. We both ended up making like 80$ or so. The table had such a diverse range of players. I had Mr."Criticize everyone who beats me" to my right and "90 year old call everything with my husbands retirement money to my left. We handled the bad beats well and recouped through some hard nosed play. Nice table, fun dealers, much more professional than Foxwoods IMO. Not bad at all for a saturday, and if you tighten up you will profit I think even with so much calling. Too bad there's no alcohol =(.

[/ QUOTE ]

1-3 profitable lol!!!!!

hard nose play at 1-3 lol!!!!!

clearly you ignored the rake tips, and pot odds lol.

After you won a hand did you get to yell bingo!!!!
Old 09-04-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also what qualifies as a great player? if its the ability to bet 1-3 i agree, great player.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:17 PM

Your posts added nothing to the thread, and were written in a condescending tone that I find unnecessary and offensive.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your posts added nothing to the thread, and were written in a condescending tone that I find unnecessary and offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that he's a jerk. I'd agree.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:06 PM

People have a right to an opinion but anyone here will know that regardless of your skill level, when you first play live its scary and new. What better than a 1-3 game to loosen someone up? I'd feel more comfortable playing that with people who are soley internet players than higher limits where they will be stressed about dropping over 200$. I just posted a review, and didn't ask for crticism. I remember when this board wasn't like this..
Old 09-04-2005, 04:16 PM

There was a fistfight in the 30/60 game when I was there. I thought that was pretty neat.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:37 PM

the rake in the 1-3 game is $4 right? if so, i find it really unlikely that the game is beatable even for very skilled players. 30 hands an hour means the average player will win 3 pots per hour. thats $12 in rake and you should tip at least 2/3 of those times. you are therefore paying about $45/100 meaning that you need to earn 15BB/100 just to break even. i know those games are amazing but thats just unlikely to be remotely possible.