Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: VIP email/offer for PPM V

yes. In a month were I would have made about 1.5k in rakeback, I will instead get the chance for a PPM V cruise if I just 10 table 26 hours a day for a week.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I just 10 table 26 hours a day for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is certianly worth a try.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 PM

Let the battle of the bots begin!

It won't be me...

-S&SGW
Old 12-21-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to earn 35,000 partypoints in a week at Blue level. So that's about 116,000 raked hands. This is SO doable.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you won't change from Blue to Gold until Jan 1 (it only happens quarterly).

Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, same here. I've accumulated over 50,000 points but I'm still blue.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Let me see i play 2/4 and am level blue(well silver level as soon as they get updated next) so to achieve 25K points i would have to 10 table roughly for 254 hours to get 25k points. LOL

I recommend everyone else email/phone them with their disgust to this offer. I personally never thought i would be leaving PP in the near future but if PS VIP turns out to be anything decent it's sionara PP. I've personally had enough, having to wait til almost the end of december to recieve a offer which is physically impossible for me to achieve is not my idea of a VIP club.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those players who are gold status already and earn 2x the amount of points that a blue member would earn for the same play, are those extra points considered bonus points or regular points?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those extra points are still regular points.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:03 PM

I'm not sure why all the negativity about this. I see this offer as generous in that it offers up a prize package worth serious $$$$, and one that appeals to the broadest segment of the Party playing public, to wit:

1. Must be Gold member.

2. Must play mid or high limits.

3. Must multitable, preferably 8+ tables.

4. Must be willing to play ungodly hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and into the work week which is end-of-quarter for any business.

5. Must have 25K plus Party Points ready to go.

6. Must want to go on a cruise.

7. Must have the available resources to go on a cruise (freedom from other commitments, babysitters for the kids, a desire to play poker on a boat for several days, etc.)

8. Prefrably (though not a must) should have a spouse, roomates, friends, etc. that also play high stakes and multi-table and can share the burden of playing non-stop over the holidays on your account.

9. And must hope that one's efforts are sufficient to out-race the others similarly situated. 'Cause, if you don't make the top 25, you are stuck with some freeroll entries or numerous ladies jogging suits.

I for one am phoning the wife and letting her know I'll be busy this Christmas. Large boat full of poker players here I come!!!11!!1!1one!11!
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM

I hereby announce my intention to qualify for this thing. I actually fit most of the above 9 criteria. If anyone's interested, I will post a running log of my efforts, either here or in the Internet forum.
If this would just be a waste of space, I won't bother.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:16 PM

I'm sure alot of people would be interested. Not much more to bitch about. It would be nice to know how you fair against the other 50 people that are shooting for this.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hereby announce my intention to qualify for this thing. I actually fit most of the above 9 criteria. If anyone's interested, I will post a running log of my efforts, either here or in the Internet forum.
If this would just be a waste of space, I won't bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Definitely post about your progress (probably in the Zoo or General). I won't be able to follow it over the 24th or 25th, but I'll definitely come back to the thread on the 26th to see how it's going. Good luck!

(And for goodness' sake, don't forget that you actually have to send them an email when you hit 25K points).