Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: At a typical online micro-limit Limit HE table (.25/.50 through $1/$2), what can be considered a sol
Too difficult to predict 2 4.08%
> 5 BB/100 6 12.24%
4-5 BB/100 3 6.12%
3-4 BB/100 17 34.69%
2-3 BB/100 18 36.73%
1-2 BB/100 2 4.08%
< 1 BB/100 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: getting to work trip report

Sucked for me

LIRR train became a local and after i pulled into the station i was met by 20 mins of ppl traffic to get out of penn. Then walked across town to the PATH which took me into jersey before dropping me off back in NYC at teh World trade center then walked 10 mins to the WFC 3hrs:20mins
Old 12-20-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: getting to work trip report

My dad is pissed. He's been working in the subways for 10+ years and he absolutely hates the union. For the past week conversations at dinner consisted of bashing the union, hoping they don't go on strike, and complaining about the phone messages Roger Toussant has been leaving us.

I don't understand the benefit of this strike at all. Everyone's getting fined 2 days pay for every day off work, and the union is getting fined 100k/day(I think). What's the point? Obviously you're not getting your contract.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 PM

Default Re: NYC transit strike is on: Who do you blame?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took the subway every school day of the year for four years during high school, and took it 5-10x a day for the entire summer last year. IMHO, the delays are too frequent and unbearable. If you have waited on a subway platform for 2+ hours in 110 degree hot &amp; humid conditions, you would know what I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also took the subway to school every day. I think they do a fine job considering that it's by far the largest subway system in the world. That said, a lot depends on what lines you use. If you commute with the 4-5-6 trains, you're probably happy. If you schlep into Manhattan from Bay Ridge on the N-R trains (stands for "Never Running"), you might feel differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few years ago, I spent a summer living in NYC, and I took the R train every day. I never had a problem. The NYC subway is great. Everyone who is complaining should try spending some time in one of our many cities that have almost no public transit system.