Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: c\'r turn to save bets here?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand how you'd be saving bets with the checkraise, but I don't understand why you'd want to save bets when you are most likely ahead. I thought you described this guy as loose aggressive, so what makes you think you're behind on the turn? And if you really think you're behind, you can save more bets by just check-calling him down. Is he a big enough fish to cap a hand like Q10 or 99 preflop? If not, the only hand you really need to be worrying about here is QQ, otherwise I think you're probably still ahead on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

he definately is capable of capping 99 or QT pf. thats why i thought to use the c'r to save bets concept. otherwise i think bet/call check call is best

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop probably should have been an auto 3 bet. But given your flop line, I think check calling the turn and checkraising the river is very much superior to bet call check call. A lot of times when he bets the without taking a free showdown after you bet the turn, your hand will not be best and he probably will not bet jj or any other strong pair but not top pair/overpair.

But after you check call the turn he will 100% bet any pair on the river because it looks 100% that you have AK high. This play is superior for metagame reasons, and to get the most money in when the hopefuly best hand