Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

I think the payoff is almost automatic. The real question is the play on earlier streets. I play mostly short handed so that might color my feelings, but here is my two cents. If you feel that the flop check raise is a re-steal attempt you need to play the hand EXACTLY like you would if you had a queen or a big wired pair. Would you normally three bet the flop with those holdings? I would probably flat call and raise the turn. If i did three bet the flop, I am definitely betting the turn when checked to, and reevaluting if i get check raised (probably mucking at that point).

I think flat calling the flop and raising the turn the turn will cost u only an extra 1.5 small bets when it gets checked through on the river, and also makes it a lot more likely your opponent mucks something like 44-99, which I doubt he has anyway.

I would only check the turn back if I had a decent number of outs against three queens.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

[ QUOTE ]
If i did three bet the flop, I am definitely betting the turn when checked to, and reevaluting if i get check raised (probably mucking at that point).

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't muck the turn here as you still have the flush draw and are getting 6-1 by that time.