Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: PLO8, playing draws on the turn

I would play hand #1 more aggressively. If you raise on the flop you can put your opponent to a decision for all the chips on the turn. Most opponents will fold here some of the time and if not you have a lot of equity against just about any hand. Your opponent has to have your low duplicated plus have a set for you to really be in bad shape.

If the flop is checked and he bets out then I would have to think that he folds to a reraise maybe 15% of the time or less for me not to push. This could well be the case if he reads hands well and puts you on a low draw. Considering his river bet he was probably strong here, but I think he might have called an all in on the turn with a relatively weak hand. All the more argument for playing the flop strong.

I like hand #2.

I check call the turn in hand #3 as well. 6 of you saw the flop so I think his hand range is tilted towards very strong high hands. I would bet out on any low card and go all in if I had the opportunity but I might check fold the river. Depends a lot on how he saw me. If I hadn't made it to very many showdowns recently I definitely call a high card river. I think the K though is a very bad card for you as you no longer beat KQ.

I probably would have played hand #4 the same but I read the responses and I like the check call line better. If I had any kind of extra outs, even an extra low card, I would feel better about the bet out and call the raise line. I don't want to play a huge pot with this hand, but I would like to see the river.

regards,

raisins