Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: I Can\'t Believe What I am about to type

[ QUOTE ]
I think Plummer and Carson are one two in the MVP race

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhh, no.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:26 AM

with SA entering sick-TD levels, heck no.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:27 AM

Really, Peyton isn't the MVP of his own team. Right. I mean, he's doing so well because they're just stacking the box for Edge - right?

Shaun Alexander? See: Walter Jones.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 AM

I think that since we are talking about who is the MVP right now the MVP must be on a team who is in the playoffs right now. I'll go over the teams and their potential MVP canidates
Pats: Brady
Steelers: No one (Roethlisberger hasn't been healthy enough)
Bengals: Carson
Colts: Peyton, Edge (I think the Colts have too many key players for one to be the MVP)
Jaguars: No real canidates
Broncos: Plummer
Giants: Tiki
Bears: No one
Panthers: Steve Smith
Falcons: Vick, Dunn (Neither of them really deserve it just two names that I thought I'd put down)
Bucs: No one
Seahawks: Shaun
This leaves us with
QBs: Brady, Carson, Plummer
Rbs: Shaun, Tikit
WRs: Steve Smith
If you look at QB's Carson is leading in every major category except picks where he has thrown 5 to Brady's 4 and Plummers' 3 so he is clearly the top QB
Rbs: Shaun is just having a much better year than Tiki
This leaves us with three finalists Carson Palmer, Shaun Alexander, and Steve Smith
Now as well as Carson has been playing I just don't think he has had as big an impact as Shaun and Steve Smith so I'm down to these two and I just think that I give it Shaun because he has more of impact just because he touches the ball almost every other play.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Really, Peyton isn't the MVP of his own team. Right. I mean, he's doing so well because they're just stacking the box for Edge - right?

Shaun Alexander? See: Walter Jones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll clarify Peyton has been playing very well however one could make an argument that Edge or Freeney have been the MVP thus far. IMO if one is the league MVP they must be indisputably the MVP of their team and I don't think one can say that about Peyton unequivocally. Like they can say it about some other guys.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:44 AM

Yeah, one could make an argument for them. I could make an argument for the world being flat. It'd still be a very [censored] stupid one.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hes going to throw a bunch of picks on the San Diego game

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Isn't their secondary horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is Jake Plummer and hes a pick throwing machine in big games away from home.

Its too early for this MVP talk when it comes to Plummer, the Broncos are known for falling apart late, just wait a bit.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hes going to throw a bunch of picks on the San Diego game

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Isn't their secondary horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is Jake Plummer and hes a pick throwing machine in big games away from home.

Its too early for this MVP talk when it comes to Plummer, the Broncos are known for falling apart late, just wait a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that, but right now he is a frontrunner, and call me crazy, but I trust Jake Plummer to not horribly screw up. I can't believe I just wrote that
Old 11-14-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, one could make an argument for them. I could make an argument for the world being flat. It'd still be a very [censored] stupid one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well seeing how many people would agree that Dwight Freeny is the defensive MVP is it that big a strech to say he is the colts MVP. Considering Edgerrin James is averaging give or take 100 yards and a TD game saying he is MVP could make sense.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:03 AM

Okay, let's get two things straight:

1) In terms of skill positions (RB, WR, TE, QB), the most valuable player in terms of production will always be a QB. Why?

a. There is much more depth at RB than QB. Anthony Wright, Kyle Orton, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Charlie Batch, etc, etc. Who's the Kyle Orton of RBs? Kevan Barlow? Marcell Shipp? The best QBs are much better relatively to other QBs than is the case with RBs

b. If that weren't enough, the top QB will generally have over 100 more passes+runs than the top rb will have touches.

2) On any great team, the QB is most likely the MVP, but he will never be the only good player. Great teams usually have good defense, or special teams, or running games, or O-Lines. Looking for a person in a specific situation is retarded; we're asking: who added the most value, in terms of points, to their team? As far as I can tell, that person has been Tom Brady...