Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2004, 10:39 PM

Default Shoot A Third Bullet?

7 handed UB $1/$2 NLHE game, guy on my left in SB blind has $110 to start the hand, I have him covered. I have Tc8c, limp in on the button, one other limper and the two blinds.

Flop comes 6d 6c 7d, everyone checks to me, I bet $8, SB calls others fold.

Turn comes 4d, he checks to me. I bet $20.

River is a 7s and he checks to me. I think this player I'm up against is decent and pretty straight forward though I don't remember any specific hands against him. I have some thoughts on this hand myself which I'll post later, I wanted to bet his last $80 really bad here, what do you think, pull that trigger a third time?

danny
Old 03-01-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Shoot A Third Bullet?

So...

Your opponent called 2 pot-sized bets on a very coordinated board, and you want to bet into him a third time. Was the person sitting next to you named "Beam", first name "Jim"?

Fistdantilus

Old 03-01-2004, 11:00 PM

Looks like a pocket pair, missed straight or a scared trips after he doesn't checkraise/raise you on the turn. I'd bet it. Just hope he's not loose enough to call with the lower boat. Nice flop bet.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7 handed UB $1/$2 NLHE game, guy on my left in SB blind has $110 to start the hand, I have him covered. I have Tc8c, limp in on the button, one other limper and the two blinds.

Flop comes 6d 6c 7d, everyone checks to me, I bet $8, SB calls others fold.

Turn comes 4d, he checks to me. I bet $20.

River is a 7s and he checks to me. I think this player I'm up against is decent and pretty straight forward though I don't remember any specific hands against him. I have some thoughts on this hand myself which I'll post later, I wanted to bet his last $80 really bad here, what do you think, pull that trigger a third time?

danny

[/ QUOTE ]
i like the Flop bet. Hate the turn bet. Like River bet.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:27 AM

Maybe you're right PokerDude about not betting the turn, but I've found that a lot of the times I bluff the flop I should bet the turn too, need to follow up on my bluffs. If I just bet the flop it's almost like I'm value betting their weak hands, it's a weakish play I think, I have mixed feelings on this.

Should have bet the river too, he had a low flush. I've bet in situations like this before and been called by a flush, but I don't think this opponent would have.

danny
Old 03-03-2004, 04:36 AM

I think either give up after the flop bet or bet the river too, although i know this is very hard to do, but i think given this board if he called the flop he would call the turn, posibly w/ a draw w/ the 67 or weak 6. your betting could be a 7 making him put down a 6 (or even the small flush in this case).