Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Continuing on every street, a Party 10/20 hand

[ QUOTE ]

this is why the fold is confusing to me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], and why i would have checked the river and probably lost the hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

People assume that no-one fires all 3 streets without a monster
Old 09-23-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a tough time putting villain(with his stats and the the call from BB) on anything but JJ or QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is why the fold is confusing to me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], and why i would have checked the river and probably lost the hand [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont know if i made it clear, but i advocate moving allin on the river, and i put him on QQ.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why we need to be capable of firing every street without a monster, no?
-James
Old 09-23-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
probably right. villain is getting 2.5 to 1 on the river so i guess its borderline.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Which is exactly why we need to be capable of firing every street without a monster, no?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ is a monster to these people and they will likely call with it. And like flawless said, if you want to try and fold it out you need to bet more.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM

I run into this same problem. It absolutely infuriates me and I end up losing lots of money to people that play like this. Usually its a player who is tight like this player and who has the ability to show some aggression ... but who doesn't really think hard about their play.

For instance, I play against someone like this in a regular live game and after losing a hand to him (which played out like this one ... he turned over TT at the end and I missed my overpair) I asked him why he played it like he did. To which he responded "because you're aggressive and were doing a great job of betting it for me. I figured you had overs." I wanted to scream at him for not being able to think that I had JJ QQ KK or AA ... but I didn't. It seemed like such an idiotic statement.

Now, I adjust my play to guys like this and don't try to bluff them off a hand. The good news is that if you hit, you'll get paid by them every time.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The good news is that if you hit, you'll get paid by them every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
so won't they slow down when an over comes, since thats what they said they put you on?
Old 09-23-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I run into this same problem. It absolutely infuriates me and I end up losing lots of money to people that play like this. Usually its a player who is tight like this player and who has the ability to show some aggression ... but who doesn't really think hard about their play.

For instance, I play against someone like this in a regular live game and after losing a hand to him (which played out like this one ... he turned over TT at the end and I missed my overpair) I asked him why he played it like he did. To which he responded "because you're aggressive and were doing a great job of betting it for me. I figured you had overs." I wanted to scream at him for not being able to think that I had JJ QQ KK or AA ... but I didn't. It seemed like such an idiotic statement.

Now, I adjust my play to guys like this and don't try to bluff them off a hand. The good news is that if you hit, you'll get paid by them every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds to me like you are bad at poker, and your opponent is good at poker.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Old 09-23-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It sounds to me like you are bad at poker, and your opponent is good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]