Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of the OIC
It's a great bankroll building technique -- every serious player should try it. ++EV 3 6.52%
It's a good, but risky way to make money and move up limits. +EV 11 23.91%
It's kind of like a hail mary pass - a longshot. It's fun, but -EV 14 30.43%
It's not a good idea at all. Essentially, it's a waste of $100. - - EV 3 6.52%
I'm not really sure. 15 32.61%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Have the writers ever posted on here under fake names?

Even the best omaha player in the world could wake up one day and decide they need to learn how to win tripple draw tournaments, but they dont want to admit they don't know.
More realistically, what about our sick urge to flame? When we're new, pros look like they are winning by besting everyone with their intellect and only later do we find out thats its mostly just discipline. But this illusion means a high percentage of winning players were drawn to poker by their need to always show how much smarter they are (see helmuth). One out of every ten posts is someone saying "thats stupid, your stupid and im smart". Even though we know we shouldn't, most of us eventually come across a post (maybe when we're drunk) and are confident that just explaining why they are wrong wont be enough and we're obligated to tear them a new one.
Ive seen and thoroughly enjoyed a few tasteful, yet unprofessional comments from the writers on here (its fun to watch them be human with us peons). My point is that it wouldnt be such a leap for one of them to come on here under a different name and say something like "Everyone knows Moneymaker sucks" or "yeah, who let Barrons article get published?".

So I ask you, how often do you think the writers come on here under other names? Any unfounded speculation, rumor starting, links to such posts or "thats stupid, your stupid and i'm awsomne"s would be appriciated.