Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: FAQ help please

Chris Moneymaker complained that the camera added about 10 pounds to his figure. How many cameras would you estimate were on you during the ESPN WSOP coverage?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Moneymaker complained that the camera added about 10 pounds to his figure. How many cameras would you estimate were on you during the ESPN WSOP coverage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse are those wide screen flat panel TV's that turn pool balls into eggs. They even make that anorexic Olsen/Olson whatever twin look healthy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 02-13-2005, 03:45 PM

I'm probably the only one geeky enough to be interested, but I'd like to know more about the fossils. How did you get started? Where do you collect? Areas or eras (epochs?) you are interested in? Care and feeding of collection? How you might introduce a kid to the hobby... etc. etc.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:18 PM

What Dojo do you belong to?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:42 PM

1. can you post a link to the website?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:09 AM

Why did you choose PokerStars for the WSOP satellite?

Did you try to qualify on other sites?

How many times did you try to qualify on PokerStars and other sites?

What specific satellite(s) (ie. buy-in, rebuy) did you enter at PokerStars which resulted in the WSOP Main Event entry?

Do you have the hand history from the satellite event where you won the WSOP Main Event entry?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would prefer that you didn't mention 2+2's website on yours. I assume you intend to educate your visitors, but I would rather not give the less educated fish more knowledge. Of course, in my selfishness, I'm happy for you to help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about educating fish. The tools for educating yourself have always been there, and most of the fish never take advantage of them anyway.

More worrisome will be the extra traffic that might come here and further add to the signal-to-noise ratio. The only other option is to open my own forum on my site, but I really would rather not do that. I don't want to steal business, so to speak, from this forum that has been so good to me, and I don't want a forum of my own until and unless I have time to monitor it closely.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 02-14-2005, 11:20 AM

What's the capital of Uganda?

If you were travelling in a vehicle at the speed of light and you turned your lights on, would anything happen?

Do my shoes go with this suit?

Can you recommend a good car mechanic?

Better hash-browns: Waffle-House or Denny's??

Do you think that guy in the corner looks like Cliff Claven from Cheers?

Do you know the way to San Jose?

Sorry...you were very polite about the whole 'stupid questions' that were inevitable to come.
But you've gotten enough good questions so far that I thought it was time to get kinda silly.
Plus, if you actually answered these questions in your FAQ's I think that would be pretty amusing.

BTW - Saw the Raymer-voiceover narrative final-table on ESPN
and thought it was really good.
Lots of outstanding insight there. You also were able to dumb-it-down enough for the less-expert viewers without coming off as condescending (which is a pretty nifty trick).
Old 02-14-2005, 06:22 PM

How much of poker is luck?

How much of poker is bluffing?

"I'm a great poker player, and want to go pro. Do you think I should?"
Old 02-15-2005, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I would prefer that you didn't mention 2+2's website on yours. I assume you intend to educate your visitors, but I would rather not give the less educated fish more knowledge. Of course, in my selfishness, I'm happy for you to help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry about educating fish. The tools for educating yourself have always been there, and most of the fish never take advantage of them anyway.

More worrisome will be the extra traffic that might come here and further add to the signal-to-noise ratio. The only other option is to open my own forum on my site, but I really would rather not do that. I don't want to steal business, so to speak, from this forum that has been so good to me, and I don't want a forum of my own until and unless I have time to monitor it closely.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

You stated:
More worrisome will be the extra traffic that might come here and further add to the signal-to-noise ratio. The only other option is to open my own forum on my site, but I really would rather not do that.

I believe you are correct not to burden the 2+2 forums with this extra traffic.

However, it is not correct to say that "The only other option is to open my own forum on my site, but I really would rather not do that."

You have many options. Reflecting your desire not to burden the site with increased noise, you can do neither.

You do not have to mention the 2+2 forums, and you do not have to open your own forum. You can do neither, and that is an appropriate option.

(No response needed.)