Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Pop Quiz, Hotshot

For the following questions, assume a typical 10-handed small-stakes game, and that villain has stats of 16/9/2 after one million hands

Feel free to elaborate on speculative further streets if you choose to do so.

-------------------------------------------------------

1. You have T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG+2 and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the CO who cold-calls. Everyone else folds (including the blinds).

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

You bet, villain raises...

2. You have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+2 and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the CO who cold-calls. Everyone else folds (including the blinds).

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3. You have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+2 and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the CO who cold-calls. Everyone else folds (including the blinds).

4. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG+2 and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the CO who cold-calls. Everyone else folds (including the blinds).

Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

5. You have 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the BB who calls.

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, you bet, villain raises...

6. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the BB who calls.

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

7. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the BB who calls.

8. You have 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO and open-raise. It is folded to villain in the BB who calls.

Flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

9. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain on the Button who cold-calls. Blinds fold.

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

10. You have T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain on the Button who cold-calls. Blinds fold.

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

You bet, 3 folds, villain raises...

11. You have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain on the Button who cold-calls. Blinds fold.

12. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain on the Button who cold-calls. Blinds fold.

13. You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain in SB who calls. BB folds.

Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

14. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain in SB who calls. BB folds.

Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

15. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain in SB who calls. BB folds.

16. You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP1 and open-raise. Folded to villain in SB who calls. BB folds.

17. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the Button and open-raise. SB folds, villain calls.

Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

18. You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the Button and open-raise. SB folds, villain calls.

Flop is 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

19. You have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the Button and open-raise. SB folds, villain calls.

20. You have 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the Button and open-raise. SB folds, villain calls.

-------------------------------------------------------

I don't have any answers, just the questions.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Pop Quiz, Hotshot

1 Fold
2 Fold
3 Call down expecting to lose
4 Call
5 Call/3-bet
6 Call
7 Call
8 Fold
9 Call
10 Fold
11 Fold
12 Call
13 Call
14-17 Call
18 Call and showdown if 4th spade doesn't fall
19 Fold
20 Call
Old 09-12-2005, 02:22 AM

1- fold
2- call
3- fold
4- raise
5- fold
6- check behind/ fold
7- call
8- check behind/ fold
9- re- raise
10- fold
11- raise
12- call/ raise
13- fold
14- raise
15- check behind/ fold
16- check behind/ fold
17- call
18- check behind/ fold
19- call
20- call

These are really good ones, though I wouldn't etch any of these in stone without some kind of solid solid read. Stats don't do much for me, I don't play on- line.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Belated Edit

Please ignore the "3 folds" comment for the flop action in question 10-12.

I forgot to delete that after adjusting the preflop action.

Every question is heads-up on the flop. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These are really good ones, though I wouldn't etch any of these in stone without some kind of solid solid read. Stats don't do much for me, I don't play on- line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absent stats, you could generally consider villain to be a solid player.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:18 AM

This villian is REALLY pissing me off.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:30 PM

Bumpage 'cause I need more help with these situations.

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, this thread made me feel like i was running bad and made my head hurt. im gonna try to do it again though.

rj
Old 09-12-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, this thread made me feel like i was running bad and made my head hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? Although tricky (to me), these situations are commonplace from my experience.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:59 PM

bump 'cause I've been running bad for a 100,000+ hands now and feel like everybody is making gay-ass moves on me.

Also, I wanted more responses last time, so I figure I'll give this another shot.

Thanks

Ps. #2 seems like an easy fold, so ignore