Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Word of Warning to home games

I have been waiting for this to happen. I've thought
about some post's getting into the hands of other orgs such as the IRS & FBI. How much of what is said in this forum could actually be used against you at some point?

If these bust's are a result of the cops looking this up on the internet then it's a sad fvcking day for the legal system when busting home poker games takes presidence over the many other much more severe crimes out there.

I would like to strap a lie detector to every cop and judge out there and ask them one question...have you ever played a home poker game? What do you think the results would be?
My guess would be that a very large percentage has played.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:08 PM

Yeah that's the guy. He had issues prior to him getting busted. I didn't know they found cocaine and a gun in his place - yikes.

He's a damn good poker player though! lol
Old 08-16-2004, 10:58 PM

Can we all say it is safe to say that almost all law enforcement nationwide looks into, and only into, situations where the operators/hosts of poker games and tournaments take a cut/rake? I think the letter from the Chief says it all!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:47 AM

If police raided my home without any poker players but me they would find much more than $8,000 and a handgun. I have several handguns, more cash and several long guns. No drugs though. I am sure drugs could be found if I had one of my 20 player hold em tournies though.

Everyone should look into the Libertarian Party. We need less obtrusive big brother government and more common sense government. Please check out the Libertarian views here Libertarian views.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If police raided my home without any poker players but me they would find much more than $8,000 and a handgun. I have several handguns, more cash and several long guns. No drugs though. I am sure drugs could be found if I had one of my 20 player hold em tournies though.

Everyone should look into the Libertarian Party. We need less obtrusive big brother government and more common sense government. Please check out the Libertarian views here Libertarian views.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great suggestion John. All the other parties seem so much the same. Use of their incumbent power is mostly to keep that power. Next priority is to keep control of the people and as much of the people's money as possible.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:54 PM

The two party system sucks. They collude to rip off the taxpayers. Neither party cares about the working class citizen.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2004, 06:53 PM

half of you fools have no clue what your talking about, and over exaggerate and over-act to the smallest thing.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
yes one poker game was raided. you act like every game in the tri state area got raided!! stop buggin out, go gossip about your aunt sally or something.
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
all i have to say is, i better not find out who is behind it!
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2004, 04:16 AM

Sometimes a little paranoia is a good thing.

In fact three games were raided, not just one. In addition, I was served with a search warrant tonight looking for “felony gambling in progress, gambling equipment or paraphernalia, or (and I loved this one) charity gaming without proper permits”

Nothing illegal was found since I took action based on the past 3 incidents. The police apologized and left.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:52 AM

Just to take the other side of this, doesn't organized crime have a heavy hand in underground gambling rings? While I don't know the specifics of these cases if there are major games with several tables and lots of rake being taken it would seem like the police would be interested.

As for the home games that I will be playing with fellow grad students where pots get as large as 2 bucks the men with copper badges shouldn't care too much.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:10 AM

Is this the game raid you were referring to?

http://64.4.18.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...11%26cat%3d104

Based on the picture, someone probably complained about the lack of parking on game nights.