Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 AM

Default Near Bubble Satellite Play

I've been trying to build a decent sized W$ roll on stars through the low buy in super satellites. When we start approaching the bubble, play slows down to a halt as most people stall as long as possible. This seems gay but oh well. Tonight one guy at my table was laying into another player for not doing this. The "offender" said it was against Poker Stars rules, and he'd seen entire tables disqualified for it.

Any truth to this? I had just kind of accepted this as something that happens in satellites.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Near Bubble Satellite Play

I've played a lot of satellites on Stars and am very familiar with the inevitable slow down period you're referring to. I've never seen an individual disqualified, let alone an entire table. At least the timer is there - imagine the torture if it weren't.

On another note, do you know if you can qualify for a WSOP event, withdraw, and then use the W$ in other WSOP events (just like T$)?
Old 03-20-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Near Bubble Satellite Play

teamdonkey,

A whole table would likely get DQ'ed if they all agreed to stall so everyone can get a seat. If only one person is stalling, the whole table will not get penalized.