Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2005, 06:58 AM

Default Re: against a total idiot with no hand range whatsoever.....

The Villain was quick to bet if checked to, and called most bets on the flop/turn/quite a few rivers with king high. He wasn't prone to reraise without an extremely strong hand. I chose to raise the turn to go for a free showdown on most rivers.

To toybux, you are entirely correct in that considering his holding on the turn, we were exactly 50/50 in this hand. With the dead money in the pot and the possibility of making a straight/straight flush, I see no problem continuing, even if it could get very dicey.

SiteX No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

SB ($99.00)
BB ($20.00)
UTG ($22.60)
MP ($139.00)
CO ($106.13)
Hero ($110.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($3.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($5.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, MP calls $8.

River: ($37.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero ????

The Villain did NOT ever check-raise. I.e., he check-called an ace high board with JJ and then led $19 into a $10 pot when he hit a very transparent one-card straight on the river.

He also isnt necessarily afraid of one card flushes as he called a river bluff by me on a 3s 4s 8x Ts Js board with Jd 5d.

Any value in betting? It's only the 4th nut flush but against a villain who doesn't check-raise, yet would probably lead with a queen-high flush. I honestly think the only hand that beats me that he checks here is one with the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He'd also pay me off with a lower one, and most two pair/set combinations.