Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-27-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Re: 2/4 to 15/30 in 75 days?

This is going to be as difficult as getting off on a left-handed reach around. But hey, it's possible.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:34 AM

Having the bankroll is half the battle when it comes to moving up, so I'd say you have a good head start in that sense. But I think it will really take more than two weeks to adjust to each new level. You have to adjust to both the play and the swings (financial and emotional).

20-30K hands will not be enough to tell you really where you stand in these games. You could run bad or good quite easily in that short a stretch. Will you move up anyway if you break even or have a small loss at any of the limits after the two weeks?

I know it is possible to make this trip without ever playing any 6-max, because I've done it. Of course I spent at least a month at each limit and sometimes more.

As for sleep, get a full 8 hours each night. It really helps.

Anyway it is an interesting challenge, and since you do have such a large bankroll you should be fine, at least in the sense that if it doesn't work out well, it won't wipe you out.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:07 AM

I'm willing to move up any time I feel comfortable that I'm a winner at a particular limit, regardless of financial results over the course of 2 weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This will basically boil down to observed mistakes cost and frequency for my opponents, as well as how I feel I'm handling things emotionally... I can't really predict that part. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Adam, I'd settle for a double-foot-wraparound right now... but I'm a bit of a weirdo, so...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:30 AM

What's the hurry?

EDIT:I don't know what you'll learn from this, but I hope you share.

Good luck. I rooting for you. We all are.

BTW. Clean out your mailbox.