Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Fold or Call

People do c/r all in on the flop with some weird holdings. I also had a similar one the other day, where I had an overpair, put him on a flush draw and called. Adapted to OP's flop he had 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (yes, spades not diamonds). Turn A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], river 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Bad beats aside, this is a tough spot at this level. I'd lean towards a call without reads, as I think a set would be more likely to smooth call c/r or open push the turn. Nothing wrong with a fold though.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why such a big raise PF? is this your standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Behind a couple of limpers, yes, especially with a hand like KK that doesn't play well multi-way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and I didn't mention there were two guys with a 50 and 65 VPIP
Old 12-19-2005, 03:27 PM

Fold. IMO, villain's line could only be regarded as solid the whole way through if he hit bottom or middle set -- in which case you're dead.

If he had AA he should have raised preflop, and you'll get him later.

If he hit his QQ, he should have raised preflop, and you'll get him later.

If he hit his 33 or TT, OK, you're beat. But he barely had implied odds to call your pfr, especially OOP, and maybe you'll get him later.

If he hit two pair on the flop, he's a donk for calling your pfr, and you'll get him later.

And if he had anything else, he's a total chip spewer, and you'll get him later.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold. IMO, villain's line could only be regarded as solid the whole way through if he hit bottom or middle set -- in which case you're dead.

If he had AA he should have raised preflop, and you'll get him later.

If he hit his QQ, he should have raised preflop, and you'll get him later.

If he hit his 33 or TT, OK, you're beat. But he barely had implied odds to call your pfr, especially OOP, and maybe you'll get him later.

If he hit two pair on the flop, he's a donk for calling your pfr, and you'll get him later.

And if he had anything else, he's a total chip spewer, and you'll get him later.

[/ QUOTE ]

True indeed, except if I folded there would be no way to know. Actually he held Q10 and boated on the turn.