Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Preflop quiz

1 Dunno I find this one pretty hard.

2 fold b/c of bad position and you hold marginal hand with danger of gettin sandwhiced between SB and button

3 fold b/c of bad position and because I don’t see BB rasing a lot of hands in this spot so probably a big one.

4. If I play this I'm raising. so probably 65% raise and 35% fold

5. I'm folding this, I don't like calling here and I don't think we have a strong enough hand to raise

6. Check your hand might be ahead but not your position

7. Raise 65% and fold 35%, I love to raise these b/c when you do hit lags tend to put you on missed overs and try to push you of a hand

8. Fold b/c og position and b/c it takes a better hand to call a raise than it does to raise.

9. Call 50% raise 50% or something like that.

10. I'd like too see a flop here bhut I'd have the things I said in question 8 in the abck of my head and not take this hand too far.

11. Raise 15% fold 85%

12. Fold no reason to throw good money after bad

13. Close, but with a 1/2 blind stucture I'm leaning towards a call here.

14. I like your call here the hand is marginal and this guy is like never folding to a raise anyways.

15. Call.

BTW awesome quizz, you really found some good stuff IMO.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:05 AM

is K2s really goot getting 5-1 against a raising hand and being OOP? I can't be arsed to stove at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 11:17 AM

I will look these over later. But J8o w/ one limper is very much a call here in the sb. How can it not be, its almost guarenteed u play better than these guys, your equity is not bad. Id play to steal, either with a bet or raise postflop.

PS. If I remember correctly and it also was brought up in one of the blind threads in the digest, Ciaffone will play a lot of trash in these spots (in sb w/ a 1/2 structure) with intentions to steal (with one limper at most).

I will make a contention that this depends on how agro the BB is.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:08 PM

1) J8o SB after one limp:
EZ call usually

2) K2s in BB after limp and SB raise:
Call

3) J8o limp vs BB raise and limper fold:
Call

4) 98s in MP after limp:
this is fine, put me in the CO or Button w/ tighter button or blinds and Im raising (this is true if there were 2 limpers in front as well.).

5) A6o on the button after limp:
Give me a tighter BB Im raising. If he had a higher fold BB stat Id raise for sure. Still tempted though.

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:
Intresting situation but Id check. More ppl Id raise. As is their hands are probably crap though.

7) 98s first in MP:
Fold

8) A9 in SB vs raise and coldcall:
FOld. Id cold call ATo though.

9) A5s in MP vs limp:
call or raise.

10) A8s vs limp, raise and coldcall:
call. you only have 15 hands on the raise. the 26/11 UTG limp is intresting, but Id think he raises most great hands there.

11. raise/fold/call

12.Q5o. fold or call to attempt a steal.

13. raise preflop first of all, this guy folds his blinds a lot.

14. call

15. call. you have a 62/25 raising a 65/7
Old 12-18-2005, 05:51 AM

Oh, maybe I'll learn something here.

I'd complete. The pot odds are certainly there (or?) so I guess it's all about knowing how to play postflop?

I'd fold. It looks like the immediate odds are ok, but since the limper will limp with a lot of kings, and the preflop raiser may have us dominated in all kinds of ways, I believ this one is too tough to play postflop. For me anyway.

Fold. The dude is passive preflop and is now raising a limper and the SB. Your equity in this hand should be around the immediate pot odds, if that, and even if you flop a jack you will only be ahead a tiny percentage of the time.

4) 98s in MP after limp:
Hmmm...

Fold. You will very rarely get it HU, and the guy will surely limp with some aces better than yours, as well as worse of course.

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:
Check. It looks like you might have a preflop equity against their ranges (I suck at ranges though). It also looks like you will have to take your hand to showdown against at least one opponent very often, so the question is, do you gain more by raising preflop compared to waiting for a nice flop and then take advantage of your superior postflop skills?

7) 98s first in MP:
Hmmm...

Fold. Too tough to play this hand profitably postflop. Or? What about A9s?

9) A5s in MP vs limp:
If you raise you might loose the two tighter players behind you. You will still most likely play a 3 or 4-handed pot, but I guess that's ok with that hand, being last to act and being the better player. Would suck to be get 3-bet by one of the player behind us. Hmm... I think this hand is a bit too marginal to raise, so I vote limp.

Hmm... call? Think I might've loosened up too much in spots like this though.

11) JTo in CO vs limp:
Questionable limp? The hand is marginal, but we want to play against bad opponents?

12) Q5o in SB vs limp:
Fold.

13) T8 in SB vs 2 limpers:
Fold. Looks like you may have the equity to call preflop, but won't it be very tough to play this hand postflop the flop comes really nice? They are limping with some hands that dominates here, aren't they?

14) J8o first in from SB:
Hmm.. You are a tiny favorite against a random hand, but he won't fold very often postflop, will he? He will rarely raise preflop either, so how about completing, see the flop and take it from there?

15) 98 vs limp and SB raise:
Fold. Your equity is borderline at best. Once again, I suck at putting opponents on ranges.

Now, help me improve my preflop play!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:23 AM

Wrote my answers down when I posted it, here they are:

Call, probably not that close.

Probably a fold, but seems close to a call.

I folded, but may be a call considering the extra dead money.

4) 98s in MP after limp:

I´m usually pretty raise or fold when first or 2 into a pot, but think limping looks good here, when the pfrs behind are fairly low.
Raising cant be that bad though.

I folded, but think this may be a spot where i miss value.
It´s probably close between raise/fold since the blinds seem loose, but I´d prefer raise to get a chance of getting HU/3way with the limper guy with low wsd.

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:

I checked, but was considering raising, if they fold often on the flop, then raising may be better. I´d raise K9s.

7) 98s first in MP:

I think this is good enough to play vs bad players, so I raised as it may get me closer to the button. Considering how low their pfrs are, then limping may be better.

Easy fold I guess, think I missed that I only have 10 hands on the opener when I took the screenshot.
Think I may have to call it was a 100 hand sample instead.

9) A5s in MP vs limp:

I prefer raising here to get the two Taggy players behind out and get a chance of playing with position. There is also a pretty good chance of folding a better hand from either TAG when I raise here.

I called here at 5:1, not sure if it´s close though.

11) JTo in CO vs limp:

I usually fold here, but have been trying to loosen up. I thought I´d need to hit something to win and didn´t think it would get raised that often, so I limped.

12) Q5o in SB vs limp:

Easy fold for me, but wondering what the people with 5-10% higher vpip in the SB play that I dont.

13) T8 in SB vs 2 limpers:

I call and doesn´t seem close. Wanted to check up on some of those too though.

14) J8o first in from SB:

Think I should have raised even though this guy have a low pfr since he do have a reasonable blind fold number.

I folded, but would call if I was closing the action. Not sure if I´m right though.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:04 AM

Pretty much agree with everything, added my own thoughts to some of your answers.

[ QUOTE ]

I folded, but may be a call considering the extra dead money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id prolly call. Close though.

[ QUOTE ]

6) K7s in BB vs 2 limps:

I checked, but was considering raising, if they fold often on the flop, then raising may be better. I´d raise K9s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its close, I think checking is better. K9s Id be super tempted to raise and probably would because Im weak and love to raise. KTs is a raise for sure.

[ QUOTE ]

7) 98s first in MP:

I think this is good enough to play vs bad players, so I raised as it may get me closer to the button. Considering how low their pfrs are, then limping may be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree. loose passive table Im limping, rasing a tight table, folding a LAG table.

[ QUOTE ]

Easy fold I guess, think I missed that I only have 10 hands on the opener when I took the screenshot.
Think I may have to call it was a 100 hand sample instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the reason i felt this was a fold. You only have 15 hands on the raiser, at this point he could be any of us.

[ QUOTE ]

I folded, but would call if I was closing the action. Not sure if I´m right though.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITs prolly super close.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Disclaimers: I suck and am a LAG..... Is this limit? I play NL too....

1) Close. Complete/fold

2) Close. Call.

3) same as 1?

4) Call - fine.

5) Limp or fold. I think raising is bad.

6) call.

7) Call.

8) Close. I'll often fold there.

9) Calling is fine. So is folding.

10) Calling is fine - just understand your ace probably isn't good.

11) Call/fold. Either really. I'll often fold while playing TAG here, but call if suited.

12) Meh.

13) Completing is ok

14) ? uh... check?

15) Call