Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Resteal

[ QUOTE ]

I see what you're saying, but are your numbers 55/33? To me that clearly says caution in PFRing to this guy is moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

My main point actually was that some maniacs tighten up from the blinds...some don't. I don't think we know enough after 30 hands to make an accurate judgement on which type of maniac this one is....so until I have that read, I'll take the more cautious route. There will be plenty of opportunities in the future. And no, my stats are not 55/33. I also think you don't need to fold to a continuation bet against this guy headsup...particularly if it's just headsup between the two of you.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM

I like your line because of the stats you have on the guy... the only thing I would check in those 30 hands is to see if he had to show AA, KK, QQ... which would justify some of the extra PFR%. Now if you have seen him showdown some junk then your play is perfect.... except that you should raise the amount of his stack. I find that you let the table know that you are taking care of the crazy guy!

Guin
Old 12-12-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
except that you should raise the amount of his stack. I find that you let the table know that you are taking care of the crazy guy! Guin

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't do this is in case someone else was planning on "taking care of the crazy guy" with AA or KK by limping. If I was called by another I might have to play a flop pretty tentatively.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 PM

I know 30 hands isn't many but 55/30 is more likely playing too many hands than getting A's/K's/Q's 10 times the last 30 hands.