Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-09-2005, 11:24 PM

Default interesting flop decision w/ KK

reads are non existant. this is like my 3rd hand at the table.

50nl 6max
hero 50
BB 55
UTG 30
dealt to hero K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on Button

pre flop- UTG limps, CO calls, hero raises to 2.5, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

flop (8.25)-Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets 8, UTG calls 8, hero...

normally this is a standard raise for me, but this pot has gotten pretty big in a hurry. i feel like if i raise i a basically have to push, and im not sure i like this.

i will post the rest of the hand in a moment after a little discussion on the flop play.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: interesting flop decision w/ KK

I think that first of all, you need to raise a little more pre-flop. 4x BB + 1 for each limper, you should've made it $3.50 pre-flop.

This flop is very difficult because 2 pair and a set are both very possible, but there is a possible straight draw to protect from.

My first inclination is to fold and expect to see QT and KJ, although that might be a little weak tight. BB is probably calling pre-flop with a wide range of hands and is now betting into 2 players including the PFR, so I'm sure he has a very strong hand.

A read would be helpful, but I don't think that your overpair is good against 2 opponents here.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:04 AM

ya preflop should have been 3. i didnt even realize there were to 2 limpers to me at the time.

as for the hand, my first thought was raise, but i thought that was pointless and would let both villains play perfectly. i thought about folding, but with position i decided to call and see how both villains acted on the turn.

i think the turn is pretty interesting too.

turn (32.25)-Ao
BB checks, UTG checks, hero...
Old 12-10-2005, 12:06 AM

I think this is a pretty clear check behind. Even if you were ahead of AQ on the flop, you're behind it now, and if the straight draw was there, it made it.

Check behind and hope to river a J.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:18 AM

i guess this isnt as interesting as i thought is was when it happened. i checked the turn and the river bricked. they both checked to me again and i made a 1/2 pot value bet.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:25 AM

I'm not sure that I like a value bet in that spot, but I think it's close.