Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-09-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Handreading

Sounds like a good table. Hope you didn't leave it to post this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it, usually when people lead weakly into the pf raiser they aren't big fans of their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if he's not a big fan of his hand you want to shut him down immediately, as your equity isn't that great, since he's sucking up some of your outs. JT is a possibility here. Therefore bet more.

P.S. I'm a newb at this, and I'm replying before reading what the other guys have written, so now I'll go see how wrong I am.

Also, folding isn't so bad... You don't have odds to continue and if I remember correctly there was a caller to your left. It's entirely possible that the board hit that caller.

Edit: Yep, there was a third guy in the hand. Let it go, man! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (but if you're not going to do that, make your raise more like $25.)
Old 12-09-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villain is 95/15/2.5/18.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get WAY better spots to get your money in against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isura... this is a really neat point.

We're talking about passing up on a +EV and high variance situation here, in favour of "taking a +EV and low variance situation later"... or something to that effect.

What it boils down to is bankroll size of self, bankroll size of villain, how regularly you play vs villain, and what your utility of risk is.

Kinda neat stuff.

If you're adequately rolled and you're a robot in terms of emotion, there's absolutely no reason to pass on any edge, though. You could even argue that due to being able to play on party, you'll have opportunities at gambles like this later, too. You could even argue that you'll have enough gambles later of normal ev's that you don't particularly mind taking the variance on this one.

Edit: by "low variance" I mean "lower in relation to the EV" i.e. having a VAR/EV factor of less than the VAR/EV of the current bet. I call this "the riskiness for your reward", because I can't think of a more appropriate name, other than maybe "VAR/EV".
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, folding isn't so bad... You don't have odds to continue and if I remember correctly there was a caller to your left. It's entirely possible that the board hit that caller.

Edit: Yep, there was a third guy in the hand. Let it go, man! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (but if you're not going to do that, make your raise more like $25.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is my standard play. However, I'm sure now that it is totally weak. At 100NL 6m I'm finding a TON more Shania than people have alluded to. It isn't long before someone realizes I am a nit and take advantage of that. LAG's were typically running me over after an hour at the table because my play was just too predictable. Working on things like this will do alot for my post flop play in both protecting my hands I don't want being played back at and getting some value when I make similar plays when ahead.

(ps, did you see me later comment on villain playing and dumping most flops? That was why I felt safe in betting)
Old 12-09-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Villain is 95/15/2.5/18.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get WAY better spots to get your money in against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

LIKE? He's not calling off a monster against me, he has me pegged as a nit and will fold most high card flops when I raise PF. He plays way too many hands but will dump alot of them. If he were a calling station I would just bet my good hands. But when a player folds big flops when I bet there aren't too many profitable valuebetting situations (unless of course I'm overlooking some)
Old 12-09-2005, 02:40 PM

Trying to bluff out everybody with this kind of board with ace high is suicide in my experience, not to mention your raise is kind of weak. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a good table. Hope you didn't leave it to post this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Table was actually as bad one. No one had a WTSD greater than 20, or a PFA less than 1.5 People were betting, not calling. I left it once I realized this. VPIP isn't everything I'm learning