Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default AA misses LimpRaise

Villain is 64/40/7 with a WTSD of 27, so he's bad. Blinds are also pretty loose. So I think this is a perfect time for a limp raise since I figure villain will raise and blinds will call. Whiff.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($95)
MP ($187.50)
CO ($119.45)
Button ($59.15)
SB ($100.85)
BB ($166.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $8</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20</font>, Hero calls $86 (All-In), Button calls $30.15 (All-In).

I thought about repopping flop but I suspect villains hand isn't that strong and want to encourage him to keep going. Comments on the whole line?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: AA misses LimpRaise

If you're gonna push, push the flop. As played, I'd pull a stop and go on the turn, bet out like $12 and fold to a raise unless I'm getting the odds to draw to the flush.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 PM

hmm well.. if your going to try to trap someone like that it might as well be the 60$ guy.

Does the button play differently between a made hand and a bluff, differently enough that you know your ahead?

its fair to say your ahead... if what you suspected was correct.. then nice play
Old 11-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Looks good against such a bad player. I guess you're kinda worried about some weird 2pair or floped flush but you have plenty of outs against both, and I don't think he's getting away from other hands like top pair and such that the fishies think are good here
Old 11-28-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're gonna push, push the flop. As played, I'd pull a stop and go on the turn, bet out like $12 and fold to a raise unless I'm getting the odds to draw to the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He'll raise just about anything with a postflop aggr factor of 7 (this is after 100 hands). I don't want to push him off of a hand either I don't think (especially when he could be drawing to a worse flush).

I almost pushed because I thought another heart might be an "action killer," but then realized that he wouldn't be able to resist betting a 4th heart when checked to anyway. With a PFR that high he's probably raising any suited 2. With an aggr factor and wtsd% this high I realize in hindsight he probably didn't lay down a single hand that he saw a flop on.