Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Dealing with a Maniac (100NL6m)

I have had no long term success against these guys. I am considering just leaving the table from now on since I tend to dump 2 buyins on average. He is 95/60/1.5 by the end of the session, but I made these plays within 30-40 hands. With 50BB he open pushed 22.

First hand:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($239.24)
SB ($110.75)
BB ($125.30)
UTG ($75.05)
Hero ($108.35)
CO ($226.73)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $5</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, Button calls $5, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, UTG calls $74.05 (All-In), Hero folds, Button folds.

It actually scared me that he didn't raise for once, even donks get AA sometimes right? Good or bad fold?

Hand 2:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO ($133.63)
Button ($49.64)
SB ($161.80)
BB ($73.50)
Hero ($114.75)
MP ($121.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $4</font>, [color=#666666]4 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $7</font>, BB calls $7.

Turn: ($22.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $15</font>, BB calls $15.

River: ($52.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB calls $47.50 (All-In), Hero?

Final Pot: $147.50

Hand 3:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($234.24)
CO ($110.25)
Button ($123.30)
SB ($87.45)
Hero ($103.35)
UTG ($226.73)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes $86.95 (All-In), Hero calls $86.45, Button folds.
Final Pot: $175.90

How did I handle this? Did I majorly botch any of these. If so what should I have done? (and why does the converter keep messing up my colors?)
Old 11-26-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Dealing with a Maniac (100NL6m)

Hand1: Fold
Hand2: Tough fold, but still a fold
Hand3: If you like gamboooooool call, but i fold here. If he has 10J youre 50-50, 99 - youre dead, 22 you have him crushed. Pure gamboooooooool.

I like these guys. I just wait for KK-AA, sometimes QQ and JJ...
Old 11-26-2005, 06:00 PM

converter is messing up your colors because you aren't selecting the option for 2+2 forums on the converter...it defaults to FTR whatever the hell that is.

hand 1 - against this guy I call...if he'll push with 22, he'll do it with worse aces too.

Hand 2 - I probably puke and fold...he's calling you with something, he's a maniac but he's not stupid...he didn't call that turn without a draw at least....I can't see how your hand is good.

Hand 3 - I don't hate it, but I think it's really marginal.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:46 PM

instead of leaving the table just pm me i will gladly sit wiht a 95 vpip maniac. these are the most profitale players on party. a couple of things. uhhh you could call profitably with AK anytime a maniac pushes pf, that is if he has a propensity to push pf frequently. when u have a monster like QQ u should open for more than 4 BB pf. he has a 95 vpip, he is going to see the flop. charge him the maximum. theh u should be potting every street, not a penny less. hand values go WAYYYY up against these guys...tptk is a rockcrusher and it should be played in suck a manner....tpgk is a hand that u can goto the felt aginst these guys, especially if they are the one pushing. there is some variance associated with playing these guys, but they are the most profitable players on party u should be seeking them out, not running away from them.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhhh you could call profitably with AK anytime a maniac pushes pf, that is if he has a propensity to push pf frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]
he pushes frequently, but has not limpraised AI with a solid raise and caller. Things just look fishy to me when an uber lag gets passive then wakes up.

[ QUOTE ]
when u have a monster like QQ u should open for more than 4 BB pf. he has a 95 vpip, he is going to see the flop. charge him the maximum. theh u should be potting every street, not a penny less. hand values go WAYYYY up against these guys...tptk is a rockcrusher and it should be played in suck a manner....tpgk is a hand that u can goto the felt aginst these guys, especially if they are the one pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have raised more PF, but at the time his VPIP was actually not that high. I think I hit the flop and turn for a decent amount. You call this open push? Notice how he isn't overly aggressive postflop
Old 11-26-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uhhh you could call profitably with AK anytime a maniac pushes pf, that is if he has a propensity to push pf frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]
he pushes frequently, but has not limpraised AI with a solid raise and caller. Things just look fishy to me when an uber lag gets passive then wakes up.

[ QUOTE ]
when u have a monster like QQ u should open for more than 4 BB pf. he has a 95 vpip, he is going to see the flop. charge him the maximum. theh u should be potting every street, not a penny less. hand values go WAYYYY up against these guys...tptk is a rockcrusher and it should be played in suck a manner....tpgk is a hand that u can goto the felt aginst these guys, especially if they are the one pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have raised more PF, but at the time his VPIP was actually not that high. I think I hit the flop and turn for a decent amount. You call this open push? Notice how he isn't overly aggressive postflop

[/ QUOTE ]

well i am not saying absolutely u should call with QQ there, but u are ahead more often than u think. i really cant say what i would do unless i had been at the table with this guy for a little while. regardless, i am just saying u should welcome an oppurtunity to play with these guys. i dont reccommend it if u arent bankrolled for the game, if u never folded top pair or an overpair against these guys u would make a lot of money. dont take that the wrong way but u defenitely need to get in there and gamble with these guys.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:01 AM

Call call call get your money in there against a maniac.

I would never fold any of these hands against a maniac.

Sitting and waiting for the nuts is not how to maximize your earn vs maniacs.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:27 AM

If you're going to call hand 3 all in you should call hand 1. If you're not against KK or AA you're at worst coinflipping. (But you're right, when the crazy lag calls and then reraises it's probably a big hand... i've done the same thing playing the same way short stacked late in SNGs and having no other choice.)

In hand 3 you're likely coin flipping and maybe lucky enough to have him dominated.

Hand 2. Nice Lay Down.