Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-23-2005, 02:48 PM

Default To absolute players

Ok so due to bonuses and whatever i've moved here to play some games.

Having sat down i notice its very ugly, After 40hands i've noticed its very tight. Maybe 2-3players to a flop if your lucky, With lots of SB's folded resulting in tiny wins(Time to blind steal).

Also, Due to only HU play etc its pretty much impossible toi chase your 5-6outers.

So to all whom play there, whats your Winrates like? Are the players good or just tight?

I'm thinking i might take a beating at the 10max... maybe ill try learn 6max... Although i dont really want to try 6max untill i'm acheving 2+BB/100 at 10max.

Anyhow, post your opinions/Experiences as i want to get an idea of what this place is like.

KQ on 224 flop HU, i bet when checked to, Jack on turn, he bets... $4.60... i can't even chase [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] folded to unknown.

Edit:
So not only is it tight:

You can't datamine,
You can't see muckedhands(They are actually MUCKED!)
You cant have "AUTO MUCK WON HANDS".

Omg this is the suck, but bonuses are good.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: To absolute players

In order to play profitably in this environment, you have to be comfortable with 6 max play. You need to be aggressively stealing blinds and recognizing when 2nd pair is probably good (and folding quickly when it's not). Nutpeddling, which works fine at full, loose games won't cut it any more. You don't get paid well enough when you hit TPTK+ in order to keep up with the blinds, so you have to find EV elsewhere. The places where you find it are places where you routinely have to find it in 6 max play. You can even find it in loose full ring play, but you don't have to in order to win.

Additionally, the 1/2 6 max game at Absolute (and virtually everywhere) is pretty soft.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:13 PM

Hmm yeah, Looks like i may have to go and jump over to .50/1 6max for a bit if i take a beating here.

Blind stealing is at the top of my list, Calling down vs tags betting just got me OWNED but i won it once vs a wierd guy.

Hmm geee, Will be interesting i guess.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:24 PM

I've played about 10k hands of .5/1 6max at Absolute and I'll admit I'm actually about 15 BBs in the hole. Much of this is variance caused by the few fish turning into card-magnets when I'm involved with them in a hand, but the aggression level is way higher than what I've encoutered at other sites. I probably get check-raised on the turn more in one session at Absolute than I do in a month at Party.

It's a fun site that definitely helps develop one's game, but I doubt I'll keep it as a home base. The bonuses and rakeback are nice, but I get tired of playing at tables that look like: smiley face, taz, taz, fish, smiley face, me. Also I get tired of a "good" table featuring 5bb average pots.

I've also played some full ring there and done pretty well, but yeah it's not a lot of fun playing 3 tables the loosest of which is 25% VPIP.

I fear that the recent upgrade allowing more than 3 tables is going to be a movement in the wrong direction.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 PM

Yeah its super super tight, and the lack of muckedhands is bugging me big time!

So 6max is aggressive, but is the .50/1 soft or not? I'm a total 6max noob but i think i may jump over to it at .25/.50 or .50/1 level.

Hmm time to search for those 6max threads and find a good 6maxer to sweat me for an hour [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!

Anyone up for a challenge [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] ? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM

You will like 6 max at Absolute. Also, table seat selection is key, and you WILL encounter the same players over and over, so mark the ones that you want to sit to the right or left of. A nice feature of Absolute is that there are 10 chairs at a 6 max table, so it's much easier to position yourself where you wish in respect to a particular player or set of players.

Also, you will be able to see the mucked hands if you go to showdown. It's frustrating that you can't see them when you fold during the hand, but as long as you are in till the end, you can see all the mucked cards, so keep that in mind.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Absolute. The unparalleled bonuses, the unmentionable, the players (yes the loose passives are a lower overall %age, but still very much there...and you can exploit the tight passives and the loose aggros, and it's actually been very good for my overall game), plus the free tourneys where I get to improve my terrible NL play (won $10 this weekend!), and support that is next best to Stars.

Have you downloaded a skin to make it easier on your eyes yet?

And when you just want to beat up some loose passives try playing between 11 pm and 3 am Eastern time and you will find they are snuggle bear soft.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM

I played about 3k hands (around there) at 0.5/1 6-max and now have about 8k at 1/2 6-max. I've had no problems. Table and seat selection are much more important now, though. It's been a real learning experience for me. I would say that 2-3 BB/100 should be easily accessible for a 2+2er. If you add bonii, you can reach 4-6. (They're very easy to get at 1/2. Not so easy at 0.5/1.)
Old 11-23-2005, 03:50 PM

When they got to showdown it just says Bob:[MUCKED] or whatever and PA can't even read/Display it(Except the winner who shows).

Im about to sit down at .25/.50 6max(To learn the basic's cheaply really).

No i havent got the skin, I tried searching but had no luck(such a noob with the search function).

Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks.
p.s. Anyone feel like sweating a 6max noob just PM me on: POKhERLH (AIM) and ill sort it.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:58 PM

You only see mucked cards if you were involved in the showdown.

http://absolutepoker.com/tableskins/
Old 11-23-2005, 04:01 PM

Well i've logged about 20K hands at .5/1 fullring at a little above breakeven poker. What's a good mirco winrate? About 2.5/100? I'm convinced that someone who is crushing Party, etc for 3bb/100 would be a 1bb/100 player at Absolute (full ring). I think .5/1 at ABS is equivalent to 3/6 at Party from what I've watched. The competition is that much better.