Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: AQ RIVER TP. LELAISE OR CALL?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3rd, the title of your post can be construed (probably correctly) as a racist insult. Do you really feel the need to muddy up a hand discussion with such a pointless (and not funny) 'joke'.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG who are you? if i call you a p ussy will you be offended?

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is Eric Lindauer. I agree that lelaise in this context can be construed as a racial slur, and that it is probably intended, and certainly unecessary.

You can call me all the names you want, and since I don't know you, you'll have a hard time offending me. I'll probably be inclined to think of you as a dimwitted nobody who isn't smart enough to come up with something insightful to say and feels the need to replace wit with mud slinging. Sadly, such people seem to thrive in the anonymity of cyber space.

good luck.
Eric
Old 11-22-2005, 04:46 PM

I (probably very stupidly) thought "lelaise" was just a typo. If it was meant as a slur, that's really lame, and I'm sorry I continued to use the word in my reply.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I (probably very stupidly) thought "lelaise" was just a typo. If it was meant as a slur, that's really lame, and I'm sorry I continued to use the word in my reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find laughter makes life more bearable

what did he have? people saying he won't call the river 3 bet w/ KQ are crazy
Old 11-23-2005, 12:16 AM

Default on the title.

get a life.
if you dont find the title humorous, fine.
if you think im a racist, lol. whatever.
if you didnt get the joke, you must not play live often... dont worry, it wasnt all that hysterical.

BTW/ im willing to lay some huge odds that every person who voiced outrage is white.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:20 AM

Default results. (only cause daryn asked)

i threebet, which seemed obvious at the time.
i figured he maybe couldve played KQ or TT this way, and i should give him a chance to pay off. i also thought another AQ was the most likely holding and i should give him a chance to fold. i dont know his postflop tendencies too well, so whatevs.

he thought fow at least 10 sec(!?) and then called w/ Q9.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: on the title.

[ QUOTE ]
if you didnt get the joke, you must not play live often... dont worry, it wasnt all that hysterical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got it. I thought it was pretty funny.

Edit:

[ QUOTE ]
i also thought another AQ was the most likely holding and i should give him a chance to fold

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 11-23-2005, 01:18 AM

Default Re: results. (only cause daryn asked)

whatever. 3betting is still right imo.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get a life... BTW/ im willing to lay some huge odds that every person who voiced outrage is white.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's see... two people were in agreement that the title could be construed as racist, and suggested it was unecessary. One guy asked what you were talking about, and one guy said it was lame.

Where's the "outrage"? I see what you are doing. You are exaggerating our responses to make it seem that WE are in the wrong, like we're all crazy hyper-sensitive fools who don't understand that it's ok to stereotype if it's in the context of a lame joke. Why don't you just do the right thing, and admit that your choice of titles was not the best.

Since you brought it up by the way, everyone has the right and the obligation to shoot down ethnic slurs wherever they are seen, not just those in the target audience. Doing so is way more important than any poker content discussed in this thread.

my 2 cents.
Eric
Old 11-23-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you brought it up by the way, everyone has the right and the obligation to shoot down ethnic slurs wherever they are seen, not just those in the target audience. Doing so is way more important than any poker content discussed in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we assume there are only three possible responses to the title of this post, disgust, indifference, or amusement, i believe the triple that best expresses the average white male's response to the title is:

{1, 19, 80}

and furthermore, for an asian like myself

{0, 0, 100}

therefore he played it correctly. Feel free to dispute my math, but I ran it through pokerstove and doublechecked.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:49 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3rd, the title of your post can be construed (probably correctly) as a racist insult. Do you really feel the need to muddy up a hand discussion with such a pointless (and not funny) 'joke'.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG who are you? if i call you a p ussy will you be offended?

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is Eric Lindauer. I agree that lelaise in this context can be construed as a racial slur, and that it is probably intended, and certainly unecessary.

You can call me all the names you want, and since I don't know you, you'll have a hard time offending me. I'll probably be inclined to think of you as a dimwitted nobody who isn't smart enough to come up with something insightful to say and feels the need to replace wit with mud slinging. Sadly, such people seem to thrive in the anonymity of cyber space.

good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you've never heard that term in a cardroom? I hear it all the time. Along with 'Ni Han.' It's actually common enough that it's almost typical banter in a cardroom and not a racial slur.

You can blame asians for popularizing those terms as they seem to be the ones I hear going out of their way in using them the most.

b