Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: AQs. NASTY HAND. PARTY 1/2.

Flop calls is ok.
I probaly fold to river bet. He could easily have k10-KQ and be scared when MP called 2 cold.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:21 AM

Default results

SB showed 66 for bottom full.
i felt pretty stupid after this one.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:38 AM

Pre-Flop - Standard

Flop - Fold. I think I'm going to let this hand go after seeing EMP cold call 2 bets. I can easily give him credit for a K(KQ,KJ,KT) beacuse of his position. The flush draw is definitely on the side of my eye view too. AhQh just doesn't look all that good after seeing someone cold call even though you have a 2 backdoor draws. IF YOU OPT TO CALL, FOLD THE TURN UNIMPROVE. If you hit the A on the turn remember that you have to put in another 2BB to see if you're hand is good.

Turn - Standard

River - Fold. I don't see any reason why SB will bluff here being that he has to commit a big bet with two players acting after him. Personally, I'm folding but if you think he could be bluffing or value betting with a weak pair the better play would be to raise and force him to a corner.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 PM

The bet on the flop I'm indifferent to: Sometimes I'll check that situation and sometimes I'll bet it.

But I think you have to fold to the raise on the flop. (90%+ of the time)

Turn - Check (Or go for the steal now if you are going to call a river bet)

River - Try not to get yourself in these situations [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] . I think it's time to fold but it's close.
The reason I fold the river is I think there is a good chance the other villian was on a flush draw (what else did he cold call 2 bets with then fold?) This reduces the chances SB was on a flush draw as well.

-- Unrelated note: SB played this horribly.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
where is capt obvious?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
semiaggro fishy guy calls in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

call river

Barron
Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 PM

Put your opponents on likely hands here on the flop. Does the checkraiser do this with a draw? What about the guy in the middle? Then think about what they do on the turn. Will they apply more pressure or play like a panzy? Folding is out of the question in this pot - it's huge.

You absolutely have to bet this flop. You reraised preflop, a K flops. AK is a likely hand for you, right? Bet the damned thing. If you are scared to bet here, don't three bet the AQs preflop.

Now here's the interesting thing that I would consider that nobody else has: Three bet the flop. This board is draw heavy, and you have position. People like to semibluff out of position with draws, to no end. The guy in the middle either has an absolute monster or a draw. I think he has the latter. Now, what about the guy in the front? Might as well find out, since you've made the pot huge. Pop it and take the free card, unless you spike an A on the turn. You may actually fold out the guy in front and be able to bet the turn headsup. Think about this for a second.

Good check on the turn. I'm glad that your opponents are terrible.

The river card actually kind of sucks for you. You must call, but I think you lost to 89. The question is does raising buy you the pot here? Doubt it. Call and hope your hand is good. You can't fold this river.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:08 PM

Old 11-18-2005, 04:10 PM

This hand is an example of a good player and good thinker getting bogged down by indecisiveness.

There is no place for indecision in poker. If you think you have but 3 outs, then fold. If you think you have the best hand which requires charging an inferior one, Or... that he's betting some measely hand that he doesn't really want to call two more bets with, then raise. If you think he might have you beat, but will also continue betting a bust then call with the intention of calling again on the river.

Just don't call because you can't decide what else to do.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
where is capt obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think SB played this pretty well actually, he just got unlucky that hero had 1 of the only hands (maybe THE only hand?) he would 3-bet preflop but wouldn't bet the turn with...