Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Fold?

Villain is 60/25/4 with a flop aggression of 13 after 40 or so hands.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($13.85)
Button ($119.10)
SB ($52.30)
BB ($99.70)
Hero ($46.45)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2</font>, [color=#666666]2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $4</font>, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($12.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets $6</font>, SB calls $6.

River: ($24.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
SB calls $40.30 (All-In)
Old 11-15-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Fold?

I'd bet closer to $9 on the turn, although this is kind of a WA/WB situation, you might be able to get a loose call from a player with those stats with 99-JJ. This is a very weird line for the villain to take, but I don't see him taking it with anything you beat.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet closer to $9 on the turn, although this is kind of a WA/WB situation, you might be able to get a loose call from a player with those stats with 99-JJ. This is a very weird line for the villain to take, but I don't see him taking it with anything you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

69 diamonds
Old 11-15-2005, 12:46 AM

I am posting this because I feel many even bad players feel they can push me in particular off of a hand. I try to use that to my advantage, and its been working as far as checking the turn in a WA/WB to an all in and calling with the best of it, but people seem to be coming over my strength very often despite having played as a nit for a while at the table. I'm wondering if such unrelentless aggression is common for 6max and I should be calling more, if I've been playing too obviously (although here I don't think that's the case) or if I've just had a weird experience thus far
Old 11-15-2005, 12:46 AM

Wow, that's weird. Make a note and move on, but realize that you'll be able to double up through him soon enough.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's weird. Make a note and move on, but realize that you'll be able to double up through him soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been seeing this regularly against me from different players. Hasn't been profitable so far. I have a hard time playing when I can't give a hand range. I wouldn't bet turn without the goods at this table either.

Problem is, given his own image, I feel that villain played this perfectly. He checks for one of the only times he sees a flop, checks the turn, and pushes the river as if he was slowplaying the trips, or a flush.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am posting this because I feel many even bad players feel they can push me in particular off of a hand. I try to use that to my advantage, and its been working as far as checking the turn in a WA/WB to an all in and calling with the best of it, but people seem to be coming over my strength very often despite having played as a nit for a while at the table. I'm wondering if such unrelentless aggression is common for 6max and I should be calling more, if I've been playing too obviously (although here I don't think that's the case) or if I've just had a weird experience thus far

[/ QUOTE ]

i play 6max solely and am probably a bigger nit than u. i usually run into atleast 1 donk on my tables that makes it his agenda to bluff me at every opportunity. it can make life a little harder, but i tend to end up with all of their chips by the end of my session. i wouldnt alter my game too much, but i think its pertinent to widen your calling range a wee bit against these idiots to insure u make the most of the opportunities they give u...
Old 11-15-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i play 6max solely and am probably a bigger nit than u. i usually run into atleast 1 donk on my tables that makes it his agenda to bluff me at every opportunity. it can make life a little harder, but i tend to end up with all of their chips by the end of my session. i wouldnt alter my game too much, but i think its pertinent to widen your calling range a wee bit against these idiots to insure u make the most of the opportunities they give u...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, problem is I over compensate and end up paying them off more often than I should. do you call this river?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, problem is I over compensate and end up paying them off more often than I should. do you call this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

never...

not that it wouldnt be a sweet call if u are right, i just find these idiots can have any 2 and a push from them normally means they can pwn TP...
Old 11-15-2005, 01:17 AM

I've seen lots of strange things at 50NL on PP, so this doesn't surprise me.

I like to raise, checkraise and reraise pretty liberally against nuts like this. The majority of the time they have trash and just throw their hand away. If they prove to me they are incapable of laying down middle, bottom pair, or A high, I tighten up a bit and try to wax them with either a premium hand or one with good implied odds. Sometimes they lose their money to quickly to someone else though.

I also try and stay away from marginal hands like A10, AJ etc. against them OOP.