Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:59 AM

Default Re: limp-reraised in BB

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear your calling range here, as a curiousity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call with any pair and just about anything suited. Offsuit hands, especially in 3/6 which runs more passively, KQ, AT+, and I tread very carefully postflop when I flop TP and receive any amount of action. K8o is a really quick fold for me preflop here.

Rob
Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I call with any pair and just about anything suited. Offsuit hands, especially in 3/6 which runs more passively, KQ, AT+, and I tread very carefully postflop when I flop TP and receive any amount of action. K8o is a really quick fold for me preflop here.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks a lot like mine. I'll go down to KJo a lot of the time, very rarely KTo, QJo, rarely QTo, and JTo. It depends on the raiser though. Also, any two suited and all pairs. I'm more willing to play something like JTo than I would ATo here. I don't know if that's right, but I feel comfortable with it.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks a lot like mine. I'll go down to KJo a lot of the time, very rarely KTo, QJo, rarely QTo, and JTo. It depends on the raiser though. Also, any two suited and all pairs. I'm more willing to play something like JTo than I would ATo here. I don't know if that's right, but I feel comfortable with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm. I wonder if I could pool db's and see how something like Q2s runs vs K8o outta the BB multiway.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:37 AM

The first preflop raiser had pretty loose raising standards, which made me lean towards calling. I almost did muck this.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first preflop raiser had pretty loose raising standards, which made me lean towards calling. I almost did muck this.

[/ QUOTE ]

well I know I defend K9/KT here...so we start slippery sloping
Old 11-09-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well I know I defend K9/KT here...so we start slippery sloping

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think of this as defending. If it were a CO or Button open, you might find me 3-betting some raisers with K8o, and defending against most. But with 4 people in, OOP, with a weak offsuit hand whose top-pair risks domination and whose second pair doesn't hold a lot of promise, I am turbo-mucking. Like the others, I'd be calling any PP in a heartbeat, and a really huge range of suited cards (if not all of them). Offsuit will be few and far inbetween, but probably close to Entity's range of KQo and ATo.