Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM

Default limp-reraised in BB

UTG is 60/5/.8 over 35 or so hands. Likes to call more than bet.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>
Final Pot: 17 BB

I don't think UTG will raise me, UTG+1 is more likely to raise UTG on the flop. Otherwise, I can't find a good time to get my money in.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: limp-reraised in BB

Limp reraises from early position fairly often mean AA, KK, or AK. Since it is extremely unlikely he has KK (one combo), you are likely way ahead of his hand, but he will think he likes his hand. So lead into him, and let him raise you. Sometimes he will have worse hands, but still raise. Sometimes someone else will like their hand and raise you. Then 3-bet the flop. Given that you checked, raise.

Given that you just called, the ace is a pretty bad card, as it gives him the edge in a lot of his likely preflop holdings. This doesn't necessarily mean you are beat, but just call the turn. I think you can fold the river.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:34 PM

I juice the crap out of the flop, bet the turn and call down from there, calling 1 on the river.

How you played it I think this is an easy fold

Button either has 88, KQ, A8, A2, or a donkish JT, possibly even AQ, you are ahead here approximately 0% of the time
Old 11-09-2005, 12:29 AM

I think you should fold pre-flop the first time it comes to you. And I think you need to C/R this flop.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should fold pre-flop the first time it comes to you. And I think you need to C/R this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree entirely.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:44 AM

Fold this preflop. I think I would donk the flop and hope he raises you. Given that you didn't do that, you have to atleast C/R and jam it.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:54 AM

Fold this preflop, where are you going?

c/r the flop.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:58 AM

all this fold PF crap when he's getting 9-1 is a little overboard, and I think a turn c/r is nails. I fold the river because he's down to jj/tt/random crap you beat and the other guy probably has you as well.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:11 AM

9-1 with an bad offsuit hand that's easily dominated against a PFR, and it's against a large field. Your relative position to the PFR is also very poor if you do hit the flop and want to continue. I don't even feel bad about playing this, and I play tons of awful (mostly suited) hands from the BB.

I could be wrong...
Old 11-09-2005, 02:56 AM

I'd like to hear your calling range here, as a curiousity.