Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-07-2005, 04:15 AM

Default no replies neccesary, shameless brag

There I was, drunk as a skunk and wanting to play poker... I joined some 11's at party, you know... I play NLHE so I signed up.

Whoops, I just started an omaha tournament, crap.

I know very little about omaha so I'm just folding. This goes on for over 45 minutes. JESUS, how long do these things last? I've already won one NLHE SnG, gotten third in another and am on the bubble in the "tight" one. Next thing I know I'm in the typical set over set situation (on the crappy end) in an O8 hand. YAY! there's my quads.

So the guy starts berating me, berating me like no other.

I fight back. I start telling him what a donkey he is, what a crappy game O8 is (it's not, I just don't get it), I stopped short of telling him his mother was a whore.

He beats on me for awhile and then shuts up, but I won't let it go (I'm drunk, remember)... I tell him I'm going to win it.

So along comes the bubble, I start playing weak-tight to make the money against the other short stack. It works, quickly. Now I start using basic NLHE strategy on them, raising everything that's better than average. Luckily I can recognize those hands with my limited O8 knowledge.

Third place goes out against my opponent.

This poor guy doesn't know just WTF to do with me now, I'm raising every pot preflop and betting every flop. I get lucky...

AND WIN!!

I'm a complete donkey. I hope I never sit at an O8 SnG again.

edit: oh yeah, the eventual 2nd place busted the coach out in 5th... I laughed.