Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: 83s

[ QUOTE ]
I know preflop discussions arent interesting, but is 7-1 really enough to call with any two suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the odds of flopping a flush draw? And I'm not trying to be a jerk. If you don't know, you really should. Knowing it is basically 3/4 of the way to deciding whether preflop is correct.

Krishan
Old 11-02-2005, 02:17 PM

5-1? Same as a set.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 PM

i play it the same way. i suppose you are wondering if you should be the turn. well, no one folds a pair or ace or 6 on this turn. its questionable whether they fold hands like kq and j10. thats a lot of hands that are calling.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5-1? Same as a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, you aren't 5-1 to hit a set with a PP. It's 7-1.

To hit a 4 flush you are 8-1.

Krishan
Old 11-02-2005, 02:50 PM

I play it the same Trix.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:18 PM

I think it's important to bet the turn. You have a four flush, and an OESD, and an overcard that could actually be good on this board. When the top card pairs, you get a good chance to take down the pot unimproved. Even a single player folding is good since it sets up a potentially profitable river bluff (if these players aren't savvy enough to take A-high to showdown). If both players call it is about EV neutral considering your huge number of outs, while disguising your hand. The worst case scenario is that PFR raises you and forces out the third player, but I think the rewards are worth the risk here.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know preflop discussions arent interesting, but is 7-1 really enough to call with any two suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It is way more than enough in my opinion. I have been calling with any two suited in the BB for one bet regardless of the number of opponents for over 150K hands now. That means I am often only getting around 3.5 to 1. Granted that you never have enough sample size to know, my results indicate that the absolute worst suited hands are a toss up and for all the rest defending is clearly better than folding.

Cartman
Old 11-02-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the odds of flopping a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there some sort of prize they are handing out now for flopping baby flush draws? A cookie or something? Because if they're not, then this line of reasoning doesn't impress me since a four-card flush doesn't even beat one pair according to my table of poker hand rankings. C'mon dude, you have EIGHT THREE.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Perfect.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you know the odds of flopping a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there some sort of prize they are handing out now for flopping baby flush draws? A cookie or something? Because if they're not, then this line of reasoning doesn't impress me since a four-card flush doesn't even beat one pair according to my table of poker hand rankings. C'mon dude, you have EIGHT THREE.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not thinking clearly. It's a draw that pays for itself. The question you need to ask yourself is is flopping a draw that PAYS FOR ITSELF worth it when I flop it 1-8 and the pot offers me 1-7.

Krishan