Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Has the Party 215 dynamic changed?

Since party decided to split from the skins, other than the first 3 or 4 days after, I have had my worst run ever in the 215's over my last 550 or so, and I am wondering if any of the other people who play there have had similar results. Yes, it could be a deviation, but the fact that I am seeing 2-3 pros at most every table now is making me think there may be more to it than that. Sure, it may just be more obvious now who the pros are, but could it also be that there were many pros out there who didn;t really want to hassle with another account and such, then just popeed open a few more when given the opportunity by the new Party table limits? I'm not sure what the exact answer is, but I'm relatively sure that the $215 game has changed signifcantly since the switch, from being beatable by upwards of 20% since the new level went in to possibly 10% or even less. Anyone else have any insight on this?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Has the Party 215 dynamic changed?

Is that why you have been on the $33 tables recently? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that why you have been on the $33 tables recently? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not Dali playing the $33's, just someone that looked like him.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 PM

i dunno, i haven't played many games since the switch, but i have felt the games were much easier at each stake i've played. these stakes include the 200s. my sample size is small, but i think that you're just running bad. i think that the effects of "more pros" at your tables is really quite negligable in reality, as they are most likely the same people who were there before. i'm not entirely sure on this line though.

there aren't terribly many people that are very good at those tournaments (in fact i'd guess there just aren't very many people who make money at all in the long run without rakeback) so i don't know entirely what my feelings about more of the pros being around is. i think most of hte people who are moving up to 8-10 tables on party had other accts previously, and i think that the ability to pound on break even players (as many of the regulars are at best) is one of those that you probably already have...

anyways, back to work,

c
Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 PM

Many affiliates aren't receiving free $ since the split, and therefore must play poker again.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:02 PM

are you saying there are more or less pros now at the Party 215s? your post seems to be sending mixed messages
Old 10-31-2005, 05:12 PM

Raptor & I both quit playing $215's at the same time. That translates to $15,000 per month less fishdollars available in that particular pool.

I once observed to a friend of mine, that happened to be a good "B&M" poker player, that the LESS frequently I play the better I seem to do....He said "Duh; do the math"
Old 10-31-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor & I both quit playing $215's at the same time. That translates to $15,000 per month less fishdollars available in that particular pool.

I once observed to a friend of mine, that happened to be a good "B&M" poker player, that the LESS frequently I play the better I seem to do....He said "Duh; do the math"

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is pure gold.

c
Old 10-31-2005, 06:33 PM

Your sample size is too small. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM

I've actually noticed the exact same thing, although my results aren't nearly as relevent because my sample size at the $215s before the split is smaller than yours. Fooling around with Aleo's confidence calculator for a while showed me that its possible but unlikely that a player could run as hot as I did before the split then as cold without some change in the game or the player. Either I was extreemly lucky before or extreemly unlucky now, the games have gotten harder, or I just suck more now. I'll pull up some exact % numbers from the confidence calculator/Monte Carlo sims when I get home tonight or tommorow.