Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: 9/18 live hand vs Bakku

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know who bakku is but if he's a good player then im 100% sure this is a person capable of employing clarkmeister's theorem.

therefore, i think its a good time to employ the clarkmeister theorem counterstrategy

raise the river.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I didn't think bakku would bet the river with 77 and a diamond.

Shows what I know.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know who bakku is but if he's a good player then im 100% sure this is a person capable of employing clarkmeister's theorem.

therefore, i think its a good time to employ the clarkmeister theorem counterstrategy

raise the river.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really interesting.

My basic thought is that the only real reason we'd raise the river would be to fold out exactly 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 x.

I'm not really thinking we're getting a call here from 88. I also think JT is so unlikely that I don't see much value in folding that. AA also seems unlikely, unless Bakku is really a fan of playing deceptively pre-flop or something.

Since there seems to be a fairly narrow range of things we'd like to accomplish with a raise, I doubt it'll be that +EV here all that often. I think a call is probably a bit better.

I also really think that DD needs to four-bet this turn. JT and a turned flush seem much less likely than a big A or one of the smaller sets. I think failing to four-bet the turn is missing out on quite a bit of value. Hands like AQ or AK with a diamond have to call a four-bet now but might be able to fold to a river raise so I don't like waiting until the river.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

raise the river.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, this is exactly why you cannot employ the counter strategy. Bakku knows better than to Clark DeathDonkey, he would be correct to call many possible holdings (including his 99). If Bakku bets the river for value against DD he must believe he holds the best non-flush hand, or at a minimum hold a medium diamond card. DeathDonkey is correct to call (he should have 4-bet the turn, but that is besides the point) but he is beat more often than not.

PS: Yes, Bakku is a good player...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

raise the river.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I didn't think bakku would bet the river with 77 and a diamond.

Shows what I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

any diamond should bet that river HU. thats clarkmeister's theorem. you can fold out better hands and get worse hands to call. this posted hand is a case in point.

but when you have a hand that is worth a call vs. somebody who CAN employ that theorem, you should raise non diamond hands more than callable diamond hands.

ive been thinking about this strategy for a while and im 100% sure that in the heat of the moment at this river in this hand id raise the river.

Barron
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but when you have a hand that is worth a call vs. somebody who CAN employ that theorem, you should raise non diamond hands more than callable diamond hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for rare scenarios such as this hand, where Bakku and Death Donkey both know that each other are fully aware of the Clark play. Level three thinking... Bakku would have been forced to play the river ABC against DeathDonkey.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 01:50 AM

I wouldn't want to fold a flush heads-up, so if I was Bakku I wouldn't be able to bet/fold the river with the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in my hand.

If he didn't have a flush I see what you're saying, but like I said I don't want to fold and I don't want to put in two bets either.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. River is a no-brainer call.

-d
Old 10-31-2005, 01:57 AM

Before reading anyones posts, my first thought was raise the river, if you think about it if Bakku checks the river, and we bet he aint folding, and if we check behind he misses out on value, however if bakku bets, he has to be thinking "he can only raise a high diamond here, and if he does do that, i am surely beat"

I raise the river
Old 10-31-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't want to fold a flush heads-up, so if I was Bakku I wouldn't be able to bet/fold the river with the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in my hand.

If he didn't have a flush I see what you're saying, but like I said I don't want to fold and I don't want to put in two bets either.

[/ QUOTE ]

What range of hands do you think Bakku puts Death Donkey on? What hands may include a bigger [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PS: excelent hand post DD...
Old 10-31-2005, 02:11 AM

Wow, good question.

I guess the only feasable ones would be AK or KK with the K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Is this the river where bakku can 3-bet if raised and fold to a cap?

You think good. Nice post.