Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 09:28 AM

Default 9/18 live hand vs Bakku

9/18 at Commerce. One horrible limper and Bakku raises in the CO, I 3 bet on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] limper calls, Bakku calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checked to me, I bet, limper folds, Bakku checkraises, I call.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Bakku bets, I raise, Bakku 3 bets, I call.

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Bakku hesitates for like 5 seconds and then bets, I call.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-29-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: 9/18 live hand vs Bakku

[ QUOTE ]
9/18 at Commerce. One horrible limper and Bakku raises in the CO, I 3 bet on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] limper calls, Bakku calls.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] checked to me, I bet, limper folds, Bakku checkraises, I call.

Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Bakku bets, I raise, Bakku 3 bets, I call.

River is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Bakku hesitates for like 5 seconds and then bets, I call.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. I hate that river. I make the crying call since Bakku seemed to not care for the 4th diamond and I don't usually fold sets getting 12:1.

Can we put Bakku on any type of draw on this flop? The draws seemed to get there, but the limper dropped out after we bet the flop. A checkraise in this scenario seems more like a lower set. Would he do this on a draw headsup, maybe with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and either the Q or the J?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:27 AM

Hopefully he wasnt thinking about going for a river sexy with the Kd [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully he wasnt thinking about going for a river sexy with the Kd [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

DeathDonkey will call with a lot of hands on the river but he won't bet many of them.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:20 PM

I'm guessing 88 or 77 for bakku, with or without a diamond. (I have a weird feeling about JT also, but I'm not sure if he would check-raise that flop. If this is possible the river is super tricky.)

If you raise the river he's likely to fold any hand other than a flush w/ the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but I doubt he bets the river with that hand.

Since he did bet I think he's got a lower set and will fold if you raise. I think you played it well.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:28 PM

Interesting hand on all streets. Lets take it a step at a time.

Preflop: Bakku would try to isolate a weak limper with 32o. 3-bet is easy.

Flop: Bakku's check-raise is the scariest part of the hand in my opinion. By doing so he allows the limper to be trapped by your bet which makes it look like he wants action. Of course, he only check-raised after the limper folded, so perhaps that changed things.

What hands does he check-raise that you beat? Is the guy sneaky to do that with nothing? What about a flush draw or straight draw? Also, would he check-raise an ace here? When the limper folds, it might be tempting for him to take a WA/WB line if he had an ace and just call. Of course you know the WA/WB line and would be able to adjust accordingly. I don't mind a call here, but I really don't know what I'd do on the turn if you don't improve.

Turn: Good turn, raise is obvious. What to do with the 3-bet. You're behind AA, flush and TJ, T6, 65. We can rule out AA, T6, and 65. That leaves the flush and TJ. I would be surprised if he played a lone flush draw the way he did on the flop. There's no need to check-raise you heads-up out of position once the limper folded. He could have check-raised with a hand like JT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which gives him two draws.

The other very real possibility is that he has aces up or 88. This is great to know because other than A7, it rules out the chance that he has a diamond. 77 gives him a possible diamond. Finally, he could have a hand like AQ or AJ with a diamond. I don't mind the call on the turn because you will be in position to raise a safe non-diamond or paired-board river.

River: Bakku knows Clarkmeister. He knows that you know. Screw all that and just call. His hand range includes non-flush hands. He would bet those hands.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 PM

4-bet the turn.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:03 PM

bakku wins.

EDIT TO ADD:

i guess i should extrapulate.

bakku has one of 3 hands

a flush

and if he has 88 you win, if he has 77 he most likely wins.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
4-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's the play. Not sure what I was afraid of really. Anyway, Bakku had 77 with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the rivered suckout with an underset [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-30-2005, 07:41 PM

i dont know who bakku is but if he's a good player then im 100% sure this is a person capable of employing clarkmeister's theorem.

therefore, i think its a good time to employ the clarkmeister theorem counterstrategy

raise the river.

Barron