Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Re: An AA hand at party skins 20/40

im really surprised to hear you say that you think youll rarely get 3bet by the turn donker. hes representing a very strong hand and id imagine he 3bets quite a bit. youre saying you would probably call the turn 3 bet because you think you will be drawing to a live twopair often enough which implies that you think villain will 3bet the turn with twopair a good percentage of the time, which leads me to believe that some of your logic is contradicting because you say you dont think you will be 3bet that often.

if you fold to a turn 3bet when you are drawing to a live twopair, thats alot of pot equity that you passed up on. if you call the turn and fold the river youll be getting 17:1 that your hand is best. folding might be correct but you certainly still have pot equity with a pot that large that you dont want to pass up on.

i think after the player donks into you on the turn youre trailing more often than youre ahead if not by a good portion of the time. if youre somehow ahead at this point its hard to believe that the donk bettor doesnt have a club to accompany his pair, so raising to eliminate a club from UTG+1 doesnt have much equity.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: An AA hand at party skins 20/40

im really surprised to hear you say that you think youll rarely get 3bet by the turn donker. hes representing a very strong hand and id imagine he 3bets quite a bit.

All he's representing is that he doesn't want A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or whatever to check behind. You have discount the lilklihood of him having a monster somewhat because at least a fair amount of the time he'd cap the flop 3-way like this. He would probably play 75 no club like this every time (and 3-bet teh turn) since a club would completely kill his hand, but the small flushes/2pairs/sets will be capping the flop here a fair amount of the time.

I put him on:

An 8 no club 60%

An 8 with a club and or a gutshot 20%

55/76/6 with or without a club 15% (I'm assuming he'd def. raise 77 preflop)

Flush/Straight/Set/2 Pair 5%

You have to bear in mind that he thinks 2 big cards with a big club is hero's most likely holding here, so his turn donk doesn't have to be anything huge here. Just a hand that can beat A high and figures to be ahead of UTG+1's range (whatever the hell that is). Given the action thus far all he needs to have is a hand that somehow connected with that flop. Putting him on a hand that 3-bets the turn quite often is just seeing monsters under the bed.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Results

Looking back on it I agree with you, and wish I had raised the turn. I just called though, and UTG+1 called too.

The river was a fun one...A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and UTG+1 bet out. The poster quickly folded and I looked at the pot, shrugged, called, and amazingly won as UTG+1 had A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments from everyone,
DeathDonkey